To install, choose > Appearance > Themes > Add Themes and upload the zip file.
Next, choose > Appearance > Customize and change the Site Title and Tagline. Under > Header Image, upload a thumbnail of your Ignite's logo (preferably as a transparent PNG at 300x66 px - contact me if you need help creating the logo).
Under > Appearance > Widgets, add the required sections to the Sidebar. For IgniteSydney I use Text boxes to include:
- social media links
- EventBrite ticket widget
- sponsor logos
- Twitter feed
but you can include anything you like here.
Under the > Appearance > Customize > Menus section, set your main menu in the Navigation section (if you don't already have a menu, configure it under > Appearance > Menus).
The Dazzling theme has the option to include a "featured" post at the top of the homepage:
To set this up:
- under > Posts > Categories set up a new category "about"
- create a new post and include the details you'd like to appear on the homepage
- add this post to the "about" category
- set a featured image for this post
- under > Appearance > Theme Options ensure the option to show the slider is checked on
- specify the category "about" for the Slider Category
- choose the number of slide items (for IgniteSydney I use a single post only)