Navigation Bar Specification
Navigation Bar Specification
A navigation bar is used to facilitate parent-child like navigational patterns within an app. A nav bar is placed above the content in a header/toolbar.
<igx-navbar [title]="currentView" actionButtonIcon="arrow_back" [isActionButtonVisible]="canGoBack()" (onAction)="navigateBack()"> </igx-navbar>
- Minimal API, focused on providing maximum flexibility for common use cases
- Mobile only approach
Critical developer stories
Define a page: As a citizen developer I want to define a page element.
Define a hierarchy: As a citizen developer I want to define a root page.
Back Button: As a citizen developer I want to add a Back Button icon to a nav bar. Back button pushes the previous page on the navigational stack and it is left aligned by default.
Back icon and the title of the previous page or just "Back".
Important developer stories
- Title: As a citizen developer I want to add a Title to a Navigational bar.
Next to the Back Button, left Aligned to the bar.
iOS Centered to the bar.
Action Icons: As a citizen developer I want to add an unlimited number of icons alighned on the right side of the bar by default.
On Scroll: As a developer I want to hide/show the component as the main content is scrolled.
Search: As a citizen developer I want to add a search option located in a navigation bar. (more detalis in Search API)
Android Back button disables Search
iOS Cancel disables back button, acts like a Back Button
- Custom Action Nav icon: As a citizen developer I want to be able to define a custom action nav icon instead of using the default one.
Nice-to-have developer stories
- Gestures: As a citizen developer I want to define gestures to navigate back to the previous page.
Critical User Stories
- Back Button: As an user I want to be able to navigate back to my previous page with a back button.
Important User Stories
Title: As an user I want to know the status of the system.
Action Buttons: As an user I want to apply actions on content of the view.
On Scroll: As an user I want to hide/show the navigation bar as I scroll the main content.
Search: As an user I want to search thru my content.
Nice-to-Have User Stories
- Gestures: As an user I want to navigate to me previous page with the help of gestures
|id||string||An input property that sets the value of the
|isActionButtonVisible||boolean||Specify whether the
|actionButtonIcon||string||An input property that sets the default icon of the
|title||string||An input property that sets the title of the
|titleId||string||An input property that sets the titleId of the
|onAction||The event that will be thrown when the action of the default icon is executed. (Provides a reference to the
- Should properly initialize properties
- Should change properties' default values
- Should trigger on action event
- Should have default action icon when user has not provided one
- Should have custom action icon/content when user has provided one
The IgxNavbar component has a role of navigation.