This is a node.js chat application powered by SockJS and Express that provides the main functions you'd expect from a chat, such as emojis, private messages, an admin system, etc.
Whether you use this project, have learned something from it, or just like it, please consider supporting it by buying me a coffee, so I can dedicate more time on open-source projects like this :)
- Material Design
- Emoji support
- User @mentioning
- Private messaging
- Message deleting (for admins)
- Ability to kick/ban users (for admins)
- See other user's IPs (for admins)
- Other awesome features yet to be implemented
- Helper: Can delete chat messages
- Moderator: The above plus the ability to kick and ban users
- Administrator: All the above plus send global alerts and promote/demote users
Clone this repo to your desktop and run
npm install to install all the dependencies.
You might want to look into
config.json to make change the port you want to use and set up a SSL certificate.
After you clone this repo to your desktop, go to its root directory and run
npm install to install its dependencies.
Once the dependencies are installed, you can run
npm start to start the application. You will then be able to access it at localhost:3000
To give yourself administrator permissions on the chat, you will have to type
/role [your-name] in the app console.
You can check out the full license here
This project is licensed under the terms of the MIT license.