Carefully curated list of awesome Quantified Self resources.
The Quantified Self is a movement to incorporate technology into data acquisition on aspects of a person's daily life in terms of inputs (e.g. food consumed, quality of surrounding air), states (e.g. mood, arousal, blood oxygen levels), and performance (mental and physical).
Contributions welcome. Add links through pull requests or create an issue to start a discussion.
- Websites and Resources
- Applications and Platforms
- Devices and Wearables
- Research and Data Analysis
- Open Source Projects
Websites and Resources
- Quantified Self - Official website.
- Flowing Data - Self surveillance and quantification news.
- Wearables Database - Awesome list of wearables available per body part.
- Wolfram Connected Devices Project - IoT and Quantified Self device list.
- Quantified Self Instutite - Quantified Self research and innovation projects.
Articles & Blogs
- The Personal Analytics of My Life by Stephen Wolfram - Stephen Wolfram explores the data he has collected on the use of his time.
- Measured Me - Personal experiment in self-quantification and self-optimization.
- Lifestream Blog - Social data aggregation, lifelogging, Quantified Self and digital legacy.
- Quantified Bob - Follow one guy's quest for self knowledge, betterment, and optimization through experimentation and personal analytics.
- Shadow of the Stream - Quantified Self, lifelogging, journaling, education.
- QS on Medium - Quantified Self posts on Medium.
- QS on Venture Beat - Quantified Self articles on Venture Beat.
- QS on Wired - Quantified Self articles on Wired.com.
- QS on LiveScience - Quantified Self articles on LiveScience.
- Ted Talk: The Quantified Self - Ted talk by Gary Wolf on the Quantified Self movement.
- Tedx Talk: Wearable Tech Expands Human Potential - Lauren Costantini explores what it means to be human in the age of the Quantified Self.
Applications and Platforms
Aggregators & Dashboards
- Apple Health - Multi-purpose tracking platform for Apple devices. Tracks activities, sleep, nutrition, mindfulness, and other metrics.
- Google Fit - Open ecosystem to store, access, and manage fitness data (Android).
- Gyroscope - Quantified Self health dashboard (web & iOS).
- Exist - Track everything in one place (web, iOS & Android).
- Zenobase - Store, aggregate and visualize your data from multiple 3rd party sources (web).
- Validic - Cloud-based platform that connects patient-recorded data from digital health applications, devices, and wearables.
- FitnessSyncer - Joins health and fitness data into a single centralized platform.
- IoTool - Smartphone IoT platform for automation and data collection.
- AddApp - Recommendations based on your data (iOS).
- Tictrac - Dashboard for health and fitness data (web).
- Nomie - Privately track events in your life (iOS & Android).
- Track This For Me - Multi-purpose tracking platform (Android).
- Instant - Track all of your daily activities automatically (iOS & Android).
Activity & Fitness
- Runkeeper - Outdoor fitness activity tracker (iOS & Android).
- Endomondo - Sport and health statistics tracker (iOS & Android).
- Runtastic - Running, cycling, and fitness GPS tracker (iOS & Android).
- KeepTrack - Multi-purpose tracker (Android).
- Moves - Activity diary for your life (iOS & Android).
- EveryMove Fit - Social fitness and goal tracking platform (iOS & Android).
- Strava - Athletic activity tracking and social network.
- Gym Hero - Track workouts, strength training and other fitness exercise (iOS, Web)
- MyFitnessPal - Food tracking and diet plan app (iOS & Android).
- Fat Secret - Calorie counter and diet tracker for weight loss (iOS & Android).
- Calorie Counter - Nutritional database and calorie counting app (iOS & Android).
- Toggl - Time tracker and employee timesheet software (iOS & Android).
- Timesheet - Android time tracker (Android).
- Hours Time Tracker - Awesome time tracking app (iOS).
- Rescue Time - Automatically tracks where you spend your time (Mac, Windows, Android, Linux).
- Manic Time - Automatic time tracking software which tracks computer usage (Windows).
- Streaks - To do list that helps you form habits and track goals (iOS).
- Moment - Track time spent on iPhone and iPad (iOS).
- Sleep as Android - Full featured sleep tracker with wearable integration (Android).
- SleepBot - Smart alarm and sleep tracker (iOS & Android).
- Sleep Cycle - Intelligent alarm clock and sleep tracker (iOS & Android).
- Pillow - Track your sleep from your Apple Watch or iPhone (iOS).
- CureTogether - Health self tracking and collaborative network.
- Symple - Symptom journal and health tracker (iOS).
- Mint - Manage your money, pay your bills and track your credit score.
- Personal Capital - Financial software and wealth management.
- You Need A Budget (YNAB) - Personal home budget software.
- GNU Cash - Personal and small-business financial-accounting software.
- Ledger - Simple but powerful command line accounting.
- AskMeEvery - Automated data entry through email or text questions.
- Reporter - Tracking app that collects data through random surveys (iOS).
- Logisit - Quantified self and lifelogging app to track the things you've done (iOS).
- Cardiio - Touchless heart rate monitor (iOS).
- Instant Heart Rate - Fast and accurate mobile heart rate monitor (iOS, Android, Windows).
- Tasker - Automation and event triggering app (Android).
- Workflow - Powerful automation app (iOS).
- If This Then That (IFTTT) - Awesome conditional automation platform.
- Zapier - Automate tasks between apps.
- GoalsOnTrack - Web-based goal setting and tracking software (iOS & Android).
- Lifetick - Online goal tracking platform.
- stickK - Goal tracking with a monetary commitment.
- Beeminder - Goal tracking with a monetary commitment. Integrates with many devices and apps.
- Habitica - A habit tracking app which treats your goals like a role playing game (Web, iOS & Android).
- HabitBull - A simple mobile habit tracking app to build and track streaks (iOS & Android).
- Strides - App to track your goals, habits and projects with SMART goal setting (Web, iOS).
- Habit List - Create good habits, break bad ones, build a better you (iOS).
- Goodreads - Lets users track and rate books and network with other readers (Web, iOS, Android).
- Last.fm - Track the music you listen to by scrobbling via desktop and mobile apps or by connecting to music services (Web, iOS, Android).
- Trakt - Automatically track TV & movies you're watching (Web, Media Players).
- Pocket - Lets you save articles to read later (Web, iOS, Android).
Devices and Wearables
- Fitbit - Awesome activity tracking wearables to track steps, heart rate, quality of sleep, and other personal metrics.
- Garmin - World-class range of wearables.
- TomTom - Fitness trackers and watches.
- Jawbone UP - Fitness trackers for a healthier you.
- Withings - Activity tracking and connected devices.
- Nike Fuel - Universal activity tracking devices.
- Misfit - Wearable tracking devices.
- Pebble - Smart watches that works with your mobile device.
- Wahoo - Connected cycling, running, and fitness devices.
- Hexo Skin - Awesome biometric shirts.
- Whoop - Athletic performance monitoring.
- Zephyr BioHarness - Performance monitoring wearables.
- Apple Watch - Fitness and other health oriented tracking.
- Amiigo - Activity and gym workout trackers.
- Spire - Activity tracker that determines stress and focus levels by measuring breathing.
Research and Analysis
- 23andMe - Genetic testing and analysis.
- Open Humans - Data sharing and project collaboration.
- Enlis - Software to organize and analyze your genomic data.
- DNA Fit - Genetic information for fitness and nutrition.
- Family Tree DNA - Genetic testing for ancestry, family history and genealogy.
- uBiome - Microbiome sequencing startup.
- Inside Tracker - Science-based blood analytics for performance and health.
- Wellness FX - Blood analysis and health checkup.
- Human API - Health data integration platform.
- DNA land - DNA imputation and scientific research.
- GenetiConcept - Genetic testing for health, drug interactions, fitness and nutrition.
Open Source Projects
- Open mHealth - Open source health data integration tools.
- Connector DB - A repository for all of your quantified-self data.
- Quantifier - A Quantified Self app that tracks various fitness and productivity metrics.
- Fluxtream - An open-source non-profit personal data visualization framework.
To the extent possible under law, Willem Pienaar has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.