Possibility to have maximum quality lower than 80%? #39

Closed
ketri opened this Issue Dec 18, 2013 · 4 comments

Comments

Projects
None yet
3 participants
@ketri

ketri commented Dec 18, 2013

I think this would be a fantastic addition to an almost perfect app.
Is there a reason at the moment why the scale is only between 80% - 100% ?

@kornelski

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment Hide comment
@kornelski

kornelski Jan 17, 2014

Member

80% is high enough to be safe, that if you leave it and forgot you have lossy change enabled, it won't ruin your images.

I want to add better UI for enabling lossy optimizations - #17 and then I'll be able to allow more risky settings.

Member

kornelski commented Jan 17, 2014

80% is high enough to be safe, that if you leave it and forgot you have lossy change enabled, it won't ruin your images.

I want to add better UI for enabling lossy optimizations - #17 and then I'll be able to allow more risky settings.

@kornelski kornelski closed this Jan 17, 2014

@kornelski

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment Hide comment
@kornelski

kornelski Feb 3, 2014

Member

Lower quality added in this build: http://imageoptim.com/ImageOptim1.5.3a1.tar.bz2

Member

kornelski commented Feb 3, 2014

Lower quality added in this build: http://imageoptim.com/ImageOptim1.5.3a1.tar.bz2

@samjewell

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment Hide comment
@samjewell

samjewell Nov 5, 2014

Thanks for this build, really useful, but you've still limited it to 70% max compression for jpegs. Any chance you can create a version that can compress down to 20-30% compression for JPEGS? Thanks! 👍

Thanks for this build, really useful, but you've still limited it to 70% max compression for jpegs. Any chance you can create a version that can compress down to 20-30% compression for JPEGS? Thanks! 👍

@kornelski

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment Hide comment
@kornelski

kornelski Nov 6, 2014

Member

Like I've said in earlier comment, 30% can be potentially destructive and it's problematic for an app that's designed for lossless optimizations.

If you'd like to see that feature, help design UI that won't make somebody accidentally ruin their images, even if they're in a hurry and didn't read the manual — see #17

Member

kornelski commented Nov 6, 2014

Like I've said in earlier comment, 30% can be potentially destructive and it's problematic for an app that's designed for lossless optimizations.

If you'd like to see that feature, help design UI that won't make somebody accidentally ruin their images, even if they're in a hurry and didn't read the manual — see #17

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment