Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- Changed online results DB to be compressed. A smaller file size = faster download.
- Online results DB now only downloads if the current DB is >24 hours old. Previously a new one would download every time the program was opened.
MD5: ED4D75D75B18C6F022C74A34CF382BC4 SHA-1: 956AF240C102BFDD50FB1DB0552738E239EAC533 SHA-256: 0C5833BBC11DEA9B6FC68CC5E4E7B78847B448CB6C290233B945EAE7ADD74C86
- Fixed hanging when folders have symbols in their name and/or the folder name is <3 characters long. #179
MD5: E82A9E7F206F1842D8D523ABA51890B9 SHA-1: 23C80DBDF027F8B875A52C0097B2FF94247E3431 SHA-256: FCE7ABA0C38D045180A68B2C97F38086D1506192D5ADCC7D9CE8B4875BD5AA37
- Updated Wiki parser and compression estimates to be compatible with new database format
- Added list of files that will be processed to the main page
- Updated some UI items for clarity + added tooltips to the compression options
- Minor layout tweaks
- Fixed the output log not formatting certain characters properly #176
- Tidying up and removal of some redundancies
MD5: 7B55D21FFDD25F1ACC7B6D79B3CCDC97 SHA-1: E003F9189A04DDE06902C5A80CB34896260B610F SHA-256: AB2B0FDBDD3A82D412127AA21DBF3E8055B29C05737D657F050A909FED61E00C
- Added new filetypes to default filter for Microsoft Office + one image extension. Please open the Options menu and click on
Defaultto load the new extensions, or manually add them in, using a space or a tab as a separator.
docx xlsx pptx vssx vstx onepkg wmf
- Now correctly catches uppercase extensions in the exclusion filter (e.g.
MD5: 18515DEBE8D83672AA4622A7858DF375 SHA-1: 63B47B340212E5E1FAFC9578CF7B5AB7A43A50DD SHA-256: A782DCF98897F99124728D2DA39A481700E2DF869F99A5DBEFD5D9FBA662035F
Please submit your game and program results from within CompactGUI. Because of a bug in Windows, many larger games have vastly overestimated savings and the current Wiki is therefore inaccurate. I need new submissions to build up the database again so that the old one can be removed.
- Major Backend Rework
- Individually calls compact.exe per file
- Removed dependency on compact.exe MUI tables for parsing. (Significantly slower, but allows the next point to exist)
- Implemented workaround for the Windows bug that results in inflated savings for files >4GB.
- Added a check to make sure files outside of the working directory cannot be compressed.
- Skip Files that are Poorly Compressed - Implemented ability to skip poorly-compressable files (configurable from menu) - Mitigates the effects of the above changes
- Added Wiki Submission Form - Simplifies the submission of results to Google Forms.
- Many UI tweaks and changes
- Multiple backend usability and performance changes.
- Made output console always visible, tweaked refresh timings to negate performance impact.
This release removes all the MUI parsing which was previously required for users of many other languages. If you have any issues, please post an issue with details.
MD5: 6378F01FC6822B9F940B9467769520C7 SHA-1: 7BC1BD9BA0F2407B23B9992629E332D599B304A1 SHA-256: A47C34369F0418695826CB07173CC25AF1A0F49CE38CAD299BD380FEB837D83E
- Fixed being unable to disable the experimental file/folder browser when it is unchecked from the options menu. #157
- Added a flyout notification when compression is finished
- CompactGUI can now be minimised to the system tray
Infopopup to be an
Optionswindow to accommodate more features.
- Redesigned the
Online Resultsflyout for compression estimates
- Implemented experimental custom file + folder browser (which can be enabled under
Experimentalin the Options menu) but it currently does not support file selection. You can choose the files, but nothing will actually happen.
- Animated the percentage arc on the results page.
- Multiple other minor UI tweaks (mainly just realignments and color changes)
- Added a buffer to compact.exe's output. This outputs to the console at maximum 20 times per second, which fixes the massive slowdowns that occurred if you tried compressing while the
Console Outputis visible and compact.exe was processing hundreds of files per second.
- This release only has a few new features, but behind the scenes there has been a lot of cleanups and optimizations. This will inevitably lead to bugs, so please report those in the Issues so that they can be fixed.
- Actually fixed it this time: Startup error for users who don't use "." as a decimal separator - Occurs when parsing online for a new version. Ironically people affected by this issue won't get a banner telling them a new version is available. Thanks @mkarpusiewicz
* Fixed startup error for users who use "," as a decimal separator - Occurs when parsing online for a new version. Ironically people affected by this issue won't get a banner telling them a new version is available
Didn't actually fix much. See new release