- How do I install it?
- Is there a video tutorial on how to install Impact?
- I don't want to do your Adfly.
- The download is stuck at 100%
- My antivirus says the installer is a virus. Is it a virus?
- I'm on Windows and it says it “protected my PC”
- I'm on Mac and Finder won't let me open the installer
- I'm on Linux and I can't run the installer / the client crashes immediately
- I have downloaded your installer. What do I do with it?
- I have downloaded a jar. I don't care that it's called installer. My instincts are telling me to put it in .minecraft/mods and I can't control myself!!
- I have opened your installer jar with WinRAR and I am determined to make this work without installing Java
- Where did the Baritone drop-down menu go? It used to be in the installer. Is Baritone no longer included?
- How do I donate?
- Where is the changelog? How do I know what is new?
- 👶😭 I don't want to run your installer can I just have the json/jar?
- None of that helped me =(
If you're still having trouble using Impact, feel free to join
our Discord 😃
Never mind, our Discord server has been terminated. lol
Clone this wiki locally
Frequently Asked Questions about installing and setting up the client. If you have a question about how to use it after it's installed, go to the Usage FAQ.
Download the installer from the official website.
If you are on Windows, please use the Windows only version of the installer (unless you have issues with it, in which case try the .jar version of the installer). Non-Windows users should always use the .jar version.
Good news, we no longer use Adfly!
If you are still being redirected to adfly, you probably have an old version of our website cached. Please clear your cache or hard-reload our site (usually
This is an issue where your browser's download scanner is stalled, try a different one.
Specifically, try using Edge instead of Chrome.
Here is the source code which you can build for yourself.
Here is the clean VirusTotal scan for the installer
Here is the scan for the
.exe. It previously triggered McAfee, but now the scan shows the
.exe is completely clean.
Make sure you're running Java 8. (this isn't an issue on Mac or Windows since Minecraft bundles a JRE of that version)
Run it. Don't drag it into Minecraft, don't open it with WinRAR, don't add it as a Forge mod (Yes, people do all of these quite commonly.). If you got the
.exe, run the
.exe. If you got the
.jar, run the
I have downloaded a jar. I don't care that it's called
installer. My instincts are telling me to put it in
.minecraft/mods and I can't control myself!!
I have opened your installer jar with WinRAR and I am determined to make this work without installing Java
Where did the Baritone drop-down menu go? It used to be in the installer. Is Baritone no longer included?
Baritone is still included absolutely. All that was removed was your option to choose a specific Baritone version, as that was causing problems. (it just forces the latest release, which you should have done anyway)
Minecraft 1.12.2 only, w/ Impact 4.6 or newer. Use the installer.
The json (or jar for Forge installs) is built by the Installer during installation. It is subtly different depending on which options you choose.
For these reasons, we don't provide pre-built versions of the jar or json and instead provide a single universal installer.
The forge jar built by the installer also contains 3rd party libraries, for legal reasons these should be sourced during installation and we will not distribute these as a single download.
#help on the Discord.
Awesome. Also fix 1.12 boatfly please....