Lisp-based tabletop game prototyping and playtesting tool
Deal directly depends on a fuckton of other Lisp libraries, most of which will be installed automatically by
quicklisp the first time you run it. If you plan on installing Deal manually, the required libraries are
:alexandria :anaphora :bordeaux-threads :cl-base64 :cl-css :cl-fad :cl-json :cl-ppcre :cl-who :deal :flexi-streams :ironclad :optima :parenscript :trivial-timeout :usocket :cl-isaac :session-token :house
:session-token into your
quicklisp/local-projects/ directory with
git clone https://github.com/Inaimathi/session-token.git, or install it via
2 Pick a directory, and clone this project with
git clone https://github.com/Inaimathi/deal.git
3 Start a lisp in that directory and evaluate
You should now be able to visit
[your-server]:8080/ and play.
If you're going to be hosting a public server, it's a good idea to set up a reverse proxy, and leave the static file handling up to something that can do it more efficiently than House. I recommend nginx. To make that easier, I've included a config file that you can drop into
/etc/nginx/sites-enabled/ if you're on Debian.
- Look into iolib/socket as an alternative to the shitty implementation of
- Sessions should actually expire at some point
- Add session-expiration hooks
This program is released under the GNU AGPL (License text can be found in the LICENSE.md file, or at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.html). Unofficial, legally non-binding short version: You are free to use, distribute, modify and distribute modified copies as long as you give each of your users (including those that just connect to your Deal server as web clients) access to your (potentially modified) source code.
- Minified copies of jQuery and jQueryUI; both are dual-licensed under the GPL and Expat licenses. Readable source can be found at respective project pages.
- FileSaver.js and Blob.js for JS-based file saving; both dual-licensed under Expat and X11 licenses
- A modified version of jquery.ui.rotatable duel-licensed under the Expat and GPL licenses
Deal bundles some images from OpenGameArt.org. This includes
- chess/go/checkers piees (CC-BY 3.0 license by Sharm, aka Lanea Zimmerman)
- plants (Dual-licensed under CC-BY-SA 3.0 and GPL3, re-packaged by William. Thompsonj)
Deal bundles an image from another source.