General Release Notes:
- Arakoon 1.8.0 supercedes the latest 1.7 (1.7.4).
This means that all maintenance efforts on the 1.7 branch got merged through on 1.8 while developing this one.
- Arakoon 1.8.0 is fully backward compatible with Arakoon 1.7, (except for user functions which got an overhaul)
- OCaml 4.02.1 & adapt to Bytes.
- Lwt 2.4.7
- User hooks: The problem with user functions was that they are an "update".
Sometimes you need arbitrary read access to the database, or you don't even know if you're going to read or write before you see the data. User hooks cater for these needs.
You could even roll your own protocol inside a user hook. User hooks will require more comfort and that's why we opened up some libraries in the arakoon client lib.
- Llio gets more functionality.
- int8, tuple3, tuple4, tuple5
- Arakoon Client lib:
- expose Llio
- expose uuidm,
- expose ocplib-endian
- expose ini file reader
while developing 1.8 we merged through all maintenance updates from the 1.7 branch.
Changes since Arakoon 1.7.3 include:
- fixed a multiple masters issue (#470)
- fixed interaction between preferred masters and the drop master call (#480)
- added TLS version & cipher list configuration (#461
- ensure tlfs are synced before renaming them to their destination (#463)
- use a temporary file when receiving
- at end of collapse, replaced copy with a rename (#474)
--unsafe-close-tlogto the cli to make closing a tlog a bit easier (#481, #487)
- simple throttling scheme for head copying (#482)
- limit dependencies for plugins (#489)
- various optimizations (#444, #446, #452, #455)
Changes since 1.6.13 include: