IndoorAtlas SDK Examples for iOS (Swift)
IndoorAtlas provides a unique Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solution that runs a disruptive geomagnetic positioning in its full-stack hybrid technology for accurately pinpointing a location inside a building. The IndoorAtlas SDK enables app developers to use high-accuracy indoor positioning in venues that have been fingerprinted.
This example app showcases the IndoorAtlas SDK features and acts as a reference implementation in Swift for many of the basic SDK features. Getting started requires you to set up a free developer account and fingerprint your indoor venue using the IndoorAtlas MapCreator tool.
- Getting Started
- SDK Changelog
Set up your account
- Set up your free developer account in the IndoorAtlas developer portal. Help with getting started is available in the Quick Start Guide.
- To enable IndoorAtlas indoor positioning in a venue, the venue needs to be fingerprinted with the IndoorAtlas MapCreator 2 tool.
- To start developing your own app, create an API key.
Get started by using CocoaPods
Clone or download this git repository and install the project dependencies using CocoaPods (recommended):
cd ios-sdk-swift-examples/example pod install open ios-sdk-swift-examples.xcworkspace
Set your API keys in
ApiKeys.swift. API keys can be generated at https://app.indooratlas.com/apps
Manual IndoorAtlas framework download
If you are not using CocoaPods, the IndoorAtlas SDK framework can be downloaded and installed manually by following the steps on the IndoorAtlas web site: http://docs.indooratlas.com/ios/getting-started.html
These examples are included in the app:
- Map View: Shows the location together with the associated floor plan bitmap overlay on the world map. This example also includes wayfinding.
- Image View: Floor plan bitmap image view with the blue dot location.
The IndoorAtlas SDK API documentation is available in the documentation portal: http://docs.indooratlas.com/ios/
- iOS automatic floor plan recognition is not always reliable. It can be improved by using ambient beacons, auxiliary information sources, or UI design choices.
Copyright 2015-2017 IndoorAtlas Ltd. The IndoorAtlas SDK Examples are released under the Apache License. See the LICENSE.md file for details.