IndoorAtlas SDK Examples for iOS (Swift)
IndoorAtlas provides a unique Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solution that runs a disruptive geomagnetic positioning in its full-stack hybrid technology for accurately pinpointing a location inside a building. The IndoorAtlas SDK enables app developers to use high-accuracy indoor positioning in venues that have been fingerprinted.
This example app showcases the IndoorAtlas SDK features and acts as a reference implementation in Swift for many of the basic SDK features. Getting started requires you to set up a free developer account and fingerprint your indoor venue using the IndoorAtlas MapCreator tool.
- Getting Started
- SDK Changelog
Set up your account
- Set up your free developer account in the IndoorAtlas developer portal. Help with getting started is available in the Quick Start Guide.
- To enable IndoorAtlas indoor positioning in a venue, the venue needs to be fingerprinted with the IndoorAtlas MapCreator 2 tool.
- To start developing your own app, create an API key.
Get started by using CocoaPods
Clone or download this git repository and install the project dependencies using CocoaPods (recommended):
cd ios-sdk-swift-examples/example pod install open ios-sdk-swift-examples.xcworkspace
Set your API keys in
ApiKeys.swift. API keys can be generated at https://app.indooratlas.com/apps
Manual IndoorAtlas framework download
If you are not using CocoaPods, the IndoorAtlas SDK framework can be downloaded and installed manually by following the steps on the IndoorAtlas web site: http://docs.indooratlas.com/ios/getting-started.html
These examples are included in the app:
- Apple Maps: Shows the IndoorAtlas blue dot location overlaid on Apple Maps.
- Apple Maps Overlay: Shows the location together with the associated floor plan bitmap overlay on the world map.
- Image View: Floor plan bitmap image view with the blue dot location.
- Console Prints: Shows console printout provided by the SDK.
- Indoor-Outdoor: Example of transitions from unmapped (outdoor) spaces to mapped (indoor) spaces.
- Wayfinding: Example of how to use IndoorAtlas Wayfinding framework
The IndoorAtlas SDK API documentation is available in the documentation portal: http://docs.indooratlas.com/ios/
- iOS automatic floor plan recognition is not always reliable. It can be improved by using ambient beacons, auxiliary information sources, or UI design choices. Otherwise, we recommend to set floorplan id directly when possible.
Copyright 2015-2017 IndoorAtlas Ltd. The IndoorAtlas SDK Examples are released under the Apache License. See the LICENSE.md file for details.