This Extension, with the use of MultiPlug.Ext.Networks, allows you to connect to Up-line and Down-line electronics production equipment that are also capable of communicating using the IPC-HERMES-9852 messaging standard (https://www.the-hermes-standard.info).
The modes of operation are Pass Through and SMEMA Adaptor.
The Pass Through mode allows the creation of a Hermes man-in-the-middle to capture message data which will include PCB (Printed Circuit Board) information.
The SMEMA Adaptor mode (IPC-SMEMA-9851) requires additional hardware (available at https://www.4ir.uk/products/smema-hermes-adaptor/) to interface with the SMEMA I/O. This mode allows SMEMA equipment to be upgraded and prevents PCB data from being lost as a PCB moves along an assembly line.
.. Read the Wiki above.
- Within MultiPlug.Ext.Networks, create a Client Socket for the Up-line machine and use its IP address and the default port 50101.
- Create a Socket Endpoint for the Down-line machine and use the default port 50101.
- For the Client Socket, subscribe to the Hermes Up-line message send event.
- For both the Socket Endpoint, subscribe to Herme Down-line message send event.
- Within MultiPlug.Ext.Hermes Up-line settings, subscribe to the Client Socket read event.
- For the Hermes Down-line setting, subscribe to the Socket Endpoint read event.
Setup for the SMEMA Adaptor mode will be documented with the adaptor instructions.
The Extension works under evaluation. To purchase a licence contact email@example.com (4IR.UK British Systems)