Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
Arduino Streaming Sensor Box
Want a completely autonomous way to monitor rooms in your home (or even somewhere like your porch)? Want to see both your room's instantaneous status and how it's been doing over the past month? What if your child has been leaving the lights on when they're not in a room while you're at work? What if all you needed was an internet connection to check on your home or office?
Well lucky for you, monitoring your home is not only easy to do, it's cheap too.
Project level: Beginner Approximate time to complete: 1 hour Data points produced per month: 259,200
In this step-by-step tutorial, you will:
- wire up a light sensor to detect whether or not a light is on in the room
- wire up a temperature/humidity sensor to capture the temperature and humidity levels and calculate heat index inside of your room
- wire up a motion sensor to tell when someone is in the room
- use an Arduino Yun (http://www.arduino.org/products/boards/4-arduino-boards/arduino-yun) to stream this captured information to a cloud service (https://www.initialstate.com)
- turn that information into your personal home dashboard that you can access on your laptop or mobile device