A Symfony3 project developed mostly (see all contributors) by Arnaud Bey and based on :
- https://github.com/InnovaLangues/Magic-Word-game : the first prototype, augmented little by little by various persons from the initial code of Pauline Rebourgeon and Christine Lutian ;
- https://github.com/giacomo-mambelli/magicword : the "Bologne" prototype, coded by Giacomo Mambelli, contains the infamous "Bologna algorithm" by Marco Roccetti that allows the conquer mode.
Lexicons are handled with LexiconBundle
Magic Word is part of the research carried out at the LIDILEM lab :
- 10.4000/alsic.2828 : 1st paper, the ideas behind the game
- 10.1109/ICCNC.2016.7440546 : the "Bologna algorithm"
- 10.14705/rpnet.2016.eurocall2016.575 : en route to this new version
- this game integrated in a global serious game development strategy :
Financing and context
Magic Word was designed and implemented within the GAMER workpackage that was created inside the Innovalangues IDEFI project. It was mostly (but not exclusively) financed by Innovalangues, which is a project of Univ. Grenoble Alpes.