Doctrine2 behavioral extensions
Note: tag 2.2.1 was removed, because it was published with backward incompatible changes by misstake. If you have used 2.2.1 tag as a dependency version, please switch to 2.3.0 it is a dirrect replacement of the removed tag.
Note: Use 2.1.x or 2.2.x tag in order to use extensions based on Doctrine2.x.x component versions. Currently master branch is based on 2.3.x versions and may not work with older components.
Note: please submit all pull requests to develop branch
- We should be very grateful for contributions of comfortablynumb He has contributed most to these extensions and recently - long waited softdeleteable behavior for ORM users. Also most important, there was a tree extension missing for ODM now everyone can enjoy materialized path tree strategy for ORM including.
- Removed slug handlers, this functionality brought complucations which could not be maintained.
- Add option to force Translatable store translation in default locale like any other. See documentation
- Translatable finally has Personal Translations which can relate through a real foreign key constraint and be used as a standard doctrine collection. This allows to configure domain objects anyway you prefere and still enjoy all features Translatable provides.
- There were BC breaks introduced in master branch of extensions which is based on doctrine2.3.x version. If you are not interested in upgrading you can safely checkout at 2.2.x or 2.1.x tag. To upgrade your source code follow the upgrade guide
- Library now can map only MappedSuperclasses which would avoid generation of ext_ tables which might not be used. Also it provides convinient methods to hook extension metadata drivers into metadata driver chain.
- Example demo application has a detailed configuration provided, which explains and shows how extensions can or should be used with Doctrine2 ORM. To install it follow the steps.
Summary and features
This package contains extensions for Doctrine2 that hook into the facilities of Doctrine and offer new functionality or tools to use Doctrine2 more efficently. This package contains mostly used behaviors which can be easily attached to your event system of Doctrine2 and handle the records being flushed in the behavioral way. List of extensions:
- Tree - this extension automates the tree handling process and adds some tree specific functions on repository. (closure, nestedset or materialized path)
- Translatable - gives you a very handy solution for translating records into diferent languages. Easy to setup, easier to use.
- Sluggable - urlizes your specified fields into single unique slug
- Timestampable - updates date fields on create, update and even property change.
- Loggable - helps tracking changes and history of objects, also supports version managment.
- Sortable - makes any document or entity sortable
- Translator - explicit way to handle translations
- Softdeleteable - allows to implicitly remove records
Currently these extensions support Yaml, Annotation and Xml mapping. Additional mapping drivers can be easily implemented using Mapping extension to handle the additional metadata mapping.
Note: Please note, that xml mapping needs to be in a different namespace, the declared namespace for Doctrine extensions is http://gediminasm.org/schemas/orm/doctrine-extensions-mapping So root node now looks like this:
Note: Use 2.1.x tag in order to use extensions based on Doctrine2.1.x versions. Currently master branch is based on 2.2.x versions and may not work with 2.1.x
<doctrine-mapping xmlns="http://doctrine-project.org/schemas/orm/doctrine-mapping" xmlns:gedmo="http://gediminasm.org/schemas/orm/doctrine-extensions-mapping"> ... </doctrine-mapping>
XML mapping xsd schemas are also versioned and can be used by version suffix:
- Latest version - http://gediminasm.org/schemas/orm/doctrine-extensions-mapping
- 2.2.x version - http://gediminasm.org/schemas/orm/doctrine-extensions-mapping-2-2
- 2.1.x version - http://gediminasm.org/schemas/orm/doctrine-extensions-mapping-2-1
ODM MongoDB support
List of extensions which support ODM
- Tree (Materialized Path strategy for now)
All these extensions can be nested together and mapped in traditional ways - annotations, xml or yaml
Running the tests:
PHPUnit 3.5 or newer is required. To setup and run tests follow these steps:
- go to the root directory of extensions
- run: php bin/vendors.php
- run: phpunit -c tests
- optional - run mongodb in background to complete all tests
Running the example:
To setup and run example follow these steps:
- go to the root directory of extensions
- run: php bin/vendors.php installs doctrine and required symfony libraries
- edit example/em.php and configure your database on top of the file
- run: ./example/bin/console or php example/bin/console for console commands
- run: ./example/bin/console orm:schema-tool:create to create schema
- run: php example/run.php to run example
Submit all pull requests to develop branch
Thanks to everyone participating in the development of these great Doctrine2 extensions!
And especialy ones who create and maintain new extensions: