PCL Samples for Intel® RealSense™ cameras
Examples in this folder are designed to complement existing SDK examples and demonstrate how Intel RealSense cameras can be used together with
PCL (Point-Cloud Library).
List of Samples:
- PCL - Minimal Point-cloud viewer that includes PCL processing
- PCL-COLOR - Point-cloud viewer that includes RGB PCL processing
This page is certainly not a comprehensive guide to getting started with PCL, but it can help get on the right track.
- Download and install
- Donwload prebuilt binaries for PCL (official link). For Visual Studio 2015 / 2017, use the following link.
- Follow the installation procedure:
- Open the Command Prompt and execute:
set PCL_ROOT="C:\Program Files (x86)\PCL 1.8.1" set PATH=%PATH%;%PCL_ROOT%\bin;%OPENNI2_REDIST%
Or if you have install the 64-bit version:
set PCL_ROOT="C:\Program Files\PCL 1.8.1" set PATH=%PATH%;%PCL_ROOT%\bin;%OPENNI2_REDIST64%
If you had Visual Studio openned, please restart it to make sure new environment variables are in effect.
Clone or download librealsense sources from github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense into a local directory (
cmake-guiand fill source code and binaries locations and press
Make sure ``BUILD_SHARED_LIBS` is checked (linking to librealsense staticly will cause problems with PCL linkage)
BUILD_PCL_EXAMPLESflag and click
- Locate PCL solution-folder under Examples
- Right-click on one of the examples to
Set as StartUp Project
F5to compile and run the example
- Install PCL from official PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:v-launchpad-jochen-sprickerhof-de/pcl sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install libpcl-all
- Follow the instructions to build
rs-pclif you have previously executed
sudo make install
The demo seem to Seg-Fault in Debug configuration. This is very troubling, but it seem to be somewhat of a known issue with PCL. As a work-around add