Cinder templates for Xcode 4
TinderBox is a great tool for creating Cinder projects, but the template choices are somewhat limited at the moment. Rather than add templates to the TinderBox project, I decided to create native Xcode templates, as it's more in line with how I, and my company, work.
This project augments the built-in Xcode 4 templates for projects and files.
It currently includes project types for:
- Basic Cinder app with Constants and Resources files, plus (theoretical) support for (Cocoa) internationalization.
- Basic app with Capture (ie, webcam) support, along with a simple GLSL shader set.
- Basic app with Kinect support, along with a simple GLSL shader set.
- Cinder app with Capture (ie, webcam) support, along with OpenCV and a simple GLSL shader set.
- Cinder app with Kinect support, along with OpenCV and a simple GLSL shader set.
File templates exist for:
- AppBasic subclass for creating raw Cinder projects.
- Constants.h file with some simple conventional values
- Resources.h file
- GLSL fragment shader
- GLSL vertex shader
These are based on a set of stylistic conventions we use at Control Group, which track the Cinder community at large.
Obviously, this is only for Mac (soon, iOS) development with Cinder.
Create the folder: ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/Templates/ and cd to that folder. Clone this repo to ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/Templates/ so it lives in ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/Templates/CinderTemplates.
NOTE ON KINECT TEMPLATES
The Kinect.cpp file has been included in this distro from the block source at http://github.com/cinder/Cinder-Kinect - you have to install the block before creating a Kinect project.
You can do so by:
cd (YOUR_CINDER_DIR)/blocks git clone https://github.com/cinder/Cinder-Kinect.git
There is a risk of version drift if that project moves forward, after your project is created. You can always manually copy an updated version. If anyone knows how to add it as a (linked) source file at project-creation time (as CINDER_PATH is a derived value, and not absolute, it's hard), please push a change.
Alternately, copying it at build-time would be ideal...
NOTE ON OPENCV TEMPLATES
You need to install the Cinder-OpenCV block at http://github.com/cinder/Cinder-OpenCV You can do so by:
cd (YOUR_CINDER_DIR)/blocks git clone https://github.com/cinder/Cinder-OpenCV.git