Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Installing Java Development Kit (JDK) & Setting Environment Variables
Installing JDK (Windows)
Visit the Java Download Page and scroll down to download the appropriate version for your Operating System.
If you decide to change the installation location, make sure to remember where you installed it. You will need that path to set the Environment Variables.
If you don't already have Java installed, the JDK installer will also install that for you.
Setting Environment Variables (Windows)
In order for PluginBlueprint to be able to create your plugin's .jar file, you first need to tell your computer where to find the neccessary software you installed in the previous step.
- In the Windows Explorer, right-click on This PC and click Properties in the menu.
- Click Advanced system settings in the left panel
- Make sure you're in the Advanced tab and click Environment Variables
- Select the Path entry in System variables and click Edit
- Create a new entry by clicking on New and insert the path to the JDK you previously installed and append
\binto the end
- That's it! Now you can close all of the openened windows by clicking Ok and you should be good to go :)
- (If you had the PluginBlueprint Editor open while installing, you probably have to close & reopen it for the changes to apply)