Working LIRC port for Mac OS X
This is a working and tested LIRC port for Mac OS X . Tested with Mac OS X Mountain Lion and Mac OS X Mavericks.
- Working driver for the Irdroid USB Infrared Transceiver / Irtoy
- Working portaudio driver for using the sound card to generate output signals
Used hardware to test the port
- Irdroid USB Infrared Transceiver from http://www.irdroid.com/irdroid-usb-ir-transceiver/
The Irdroid USB Infrared Transceiver can be used in Windows, Linux , MAC OSX and Android. We provide source code examples for the above platforms . The modules is based on the USB IRToy from Dangerous Prototypes.
Portaudio and LIRC on Mac OS X
To compile the portaudio driver in MAC OS X you need to pass the following to the command line
- Download and install portaudio library - needed to build the LIRC port Audio driver
- Pass the following in the console
- run ./configure
export CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/local/include' export LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/lib/'