Repository now Deprecated
The full commercial version of IGE has now been made available as an open source community edition.
You can get this here: https://github.com/irrelon/ige
Isogenic Game Engine
Latest Updates & Changelog
- Full un-obfuscated source code
- Advanced networking system with built-in server
- Particle system
- Scenegraph-based rendering pipeline
- Tile maps
- Box2D physics component for easy integration with 2d and isometric games
- Multiple viewport support
- Tweening support
- Cell-based animation support
- Native and font-sheet text support
After downloading or cloning this repository, if you plan to use the multiplayer aspects of the engine you should run (assumes that you cloned / extracted the engine repository to /ige)**:
cd /ige/server npm install
This will automatically download and install any required Node.js modules.
** You must have Node.js installed for the installation to work
There are a lot of examples in the ./examples folder. Please see the ./examples/readme.md file for more information about running the examples.
Head over to the official help & support forum: http://www.isogenicengine.com/forum
Feedback & Support
If you have any comments, questions, requests etc please don't hesitate to discuss them on the forum!
You may use the IGE for non-commercial, educational or hobbyist purposes for free subject to the terms and conditions set forth below.
Premium licenses can be obtained from the official website: http://www.isogenicengine.com
Terms & Conditions
If you wish to create a game that utilises the IGE and generates income from any source connected to the game via online means (this includes in-game purchases, banner adverts in the game or on the page the game runs on, bank transfers that were originated offline but were meant for in-game purchases etc) then you need to purchase a license for the engine. Examples of income that is not counted as requiring a license are t-shirts featuring the game or game art, accessories or other real-world items that are not part of the "digital" game etc. You can purchase a license from our website listed below.
You also require a license if you are using the engine as a registered / limited company for any reason.
Intellectual Property, Ownership & Copyright
(C)opyright 2013 Irrelon Software Limited http://www.irrelon.com
- Website: http://www.isogenicengine.com
- Store: http://www.isogenicengine.com/download.html
- Forum: http://store.isogenicengine.com/forum
- API Docs: http://www.isogenicengine.com/docs-reference.html
- Video Tutorials: http://www.isogenicengine.com/docs-tutorials.html
- Updates, News & Changelog: http://www.isogenicengine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8
- Twitter: @IsogenicEngine https://twitter.com/IsogenicEngine
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/coolbloke1324
Some of the art and assets that are included in the premium version are not included in the free (prototype) version because of licensing issues.