A module that tracks views and downloads of Islandora items, using the Drupal database.
- Toggle to ignore common bots, with a configurable regex bot filter
- View count uses session variables, and defaults to a 5 minute cooldown for repeated requests
- IP Exclusion list to prevent artificially inflating counts while testing/developing/administrating
- Logs all views and datastream downloads
- Views integration
- This module, and the views/blocks it generates, does not respect XACML or namespace restrictions.
This module requires the following modules/libraries:
This module can be extended with:
- Views UI (bundled with Views)
- Islandora Usage Stats Callbacks (in Islandora Labs)
Install as usual, see this for further information.
Out of the box, Islandora usage stats provides:
- views of usage stats on Collection overview pages
- A report-generating interface at Reports > Islandora Usage Stats Reports
- Several customizable blocks to display the most popular objects
- A customizable block to show collection usage stats
The data collected by Islandora Usage Stats is made available to Views, so custom reports can also be created.
Configuration options are available at Islandora » Islandora Utility Modules » Islandora Usage Stats Settings (admin/islandora/tools/islandora_usage_stats).
Further documentation for this module is available at our wiki.
Having problems or solved a problem? Check out the Islandora google groups for a solution.
Work based on code from https://github.com/roblib/islandora_scholar_upei and the scholar_tracking module for Drupal 6. Iterated on by Ryerson University Library and Archives (RULA) and discoverygarden inc.
If you would like to contribute to this module, please check out CONTRIBUTING.md. In addition, we have helpful Documentation for Developers info, as well as our Developers section on the Islandora.ca site.