Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- new option
AUTO_BACKUP_SHAREDto automatically backup shared storage without extra user input (
1). Defaults to
0(ask whether to backup) – thanks to @Flashwalker!
- new option
RETRY_FAILED_BACKUPSto prompt to retry "failed backups" or, alternatively, remove the broken backup files (backup files of 41 byte or less);
1to enable, default
0– thanks to @Flashwalker!
- new options
SKIP_EXISTING_SYSBACKUPto skip backing up apps where backup files are already present (
1), e.g. due to a prior aborted run. Defaults to
0(don't skip, as it was before) – thanks to @Flashwalker!
- some adjustments and corrections for Nougat (found with the BQ Aquaris X5 Plus)
- no longer trying to pull
usage-history.xmlon devices running Lollipop (Android 5) or newer as the file simply no longer exists there
- new helper script (
tools/abrestore) to work around the
adb restoreissue some devices running Android 7 and up experience (restore seems not to work, or rather only if the app was already installed)
- adjustments to make Adebar work properly with Android 7 (Nougat) and 8 (Oreo; thanks @Catfriend1 for helping out on this!)
- AutoConfirm keycodes are now configurable (with some working examples mentioned in the docs – again, thanks to @Catfriend1 for providing combinations working on Xiaomi devices)
- Adebar now also works fine on Windows using Git Bash (thanks to @Catfriend1 once more)
- some more minor changes, fixes and improvements
- support for MobaXterm/Cygwin (thanks, @JimboJoe !)
- Giving a meaningful explanation if the Bash-version is too low, as e.g. on OSX (thanks, @n0tnull !)
- switching from
exec-outfor partition backup (see #25 – thanks for the pointer, @cweiske !)
- some other minor changes and adjustments (see commit history
- adaptions for OSX: auto-detect the location of the
(OSX ships with an old Bash, version 3.x, while Adebar requires 4+. So with this adaption, you can e.g. install a Bashv4 to
/opt/bin, and prepend that location to your
export PATH=/opt/bin:$PATH) and Adebar will find it)
Thanks to d5ve for this contribution!
- new feature: "special transfer dir" (see directory settings in the Wiki's Configuration page for details)
- now collecting disabled components together with disabled apps (if
MK_*APPSis disabled). This generation of
deadReceivers.shis faster in the original place (as package data is already loaded there), so we prefer it over there.
- original generation of
deadReceivers.shwas broken for some devices (which used different indention). Fixed using regex.
- depending on device's Android version, use
pm hide(Android 5.0+) or
pm disable(Android < 5.0) to disable apps.
pm hideis said to not require root, while
pm disablesometimes does.
- fix for
adb pullprogress bar (ADB v1.0.36 / r24 / Android 7 introduced a progress bar which is nice for interactive use but confused our screen logging)
- including kernel release with OS details
- listing UID and GID with apps (useful e.g. for debugging with
- some fixup to make app detail info working correctly with Marshmallow (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge had hickups which are cured now)
- enable additional (read-only) cache directories with app names. See e.g. Adebar-Appcache to fetch your initial fill
- Battery Stats: skipping entries without values
- fix: autoConfirmedRestore specified package name instead of file name (and thus didn't work)
- Improvements for Xprivacy export:
- sometimes pulled incomplete file (fixed)
- smoother "progress output"
- new feature: creating a
pm enablescript for all apps (in case one locks oneself out by disabling one too much). Creation of this script is enabled by default.
- new config variable
ROOT_PMDISABLEto have the disable/enable scripts using su
- more details in the generated device-info documentation
- better support for DualSIM devices
- option to link apps from unknown-sources to a market
- bunch of smaller fixes and improvements
- fixed up regexp to match some more serials (e.g. adb over network) – thanks to @chaotix-
- fix for devices where
adb backupcouldn't handle directory names with
-f– thanks to @chaotix-
AUTOCONFIRMdelay configurable (for slower devices, see #16)
- fixed detection of
aaptfailing when more than one device was connected
- added automatic device/config detection
- added possibility to have your backups/restores confirmed automatically (see:
AUTO_CONFIRMkeyword), thanks to @inktrap
- added possibility to have your backups encrypted with a password (see:
BACKUP_PASSWORDkeyword), thanks to @inktrap
AUTO_UNLOCKfeature to automatically unlock your device's screen at start of backup/restore. Highly experimental – doesn't work on all devices/ROMs.
- some MTK specific additions (evaluating
mtkFlagson packages, suppressing some "Oopses" produced due to MTK specifics) – thanks to @tukusejssirs for testing and helping with these!
- fix copy-paste error in backup script creation (sysapps where backed-up to userapp dir)
- supporting provider info for 2nd SIM (Dual-SIM devices) – again, thanks to @tukusejssirs
- fix: system-app backups should not include the
.apk(as user cannot restore that anyway) but just the data
MK_APPRESTORE_DELAYsetting (to wait between commands; on some devices, backup worked only for the first package otherwise)
- adding support for XPrivacy data backup (
MK_XPRIVACY_PULL; turned off by default)
- optimizing generated scripts for app backups
aaptis available on the device, use it to retrieve app names
- integrating app usage stats for JB+KK
- FIX: replacing Debian-specific (and obsolete)
- FIX: _fsProcDumchar() was hanging when partitions were detected (waiting for input) on MTK devices
- Added "newbie intro" when called w/o params and no configs exist
- Making sure apps reported by
pm list packagesare really apps (on some devices with Xposed installed, some "warnings" interfered)