iFAQMaker is a simple PHP class to ease the management of FAQs. Basically, it is a rewrite of the code I used in the online help system of phpVideoPro (and, besides, this rewrite partially goes back there to replace the old code)
- and that is where the, on a first glance, strange-looking syntax for the input files comes from. The main topics iFAQMaker is intended to cover are:
- Inserting/Deleting/Moving? single topics (within the same FAQ file) without the hassle of reorganizing indexes, numberings and links
- Use of templates to display the FAQ corresponding to the web site design
- Use of user-definable macros for frequently used formattings etc.
- including syntax highlighting, which can be easily extended to support more formats (see the
You can find an API reference in the
doc/api/ sub-directory of this project.
The documentation itself is using iFAQMaker: so simply place the entire
project inside your web tree, and invoke the
index.php with your web browser.
Note: Except for adding this README, iFAQMaker hasn't been updated since 2008, and probably will not be updated anymore. I've just decided to leave it „for reference“ as an „archived repo“ at Github before removing it from my server.