Table of content for UniversalViewer
An Omeka plugin to add a table of content (aka index) for items displayed with the UniversalViewer plugin. The table of content is generated by the required plugin PDF TOC from a PDF version of the item files.
- Install the UniversalViewer and the PDF TOC plugins. Please notice that this plugin will not work with the original version of PDF TOC by @symac.
- Download the plugin files or clone this repository.
- Rename the Table of content for UniversalViewer plugin folder as "TocForUniversalViewer".
- Install it like any other Omeka plugin.
To display an index in the Universal Viewer view of an Omeka item:
- Create a PDF version of the files of the item.
- Create bookmarks in the PDF.
- Upload the PDF to the item. PDF TOC will extract the bookmarks from the PDF and store them in the text field of the PDF Table of Contents element set of the PDF file (this set is created during the installation of PDF TOC).
The TOC should be displayed in the index tab of the Universal Viewer. See an example on the Bibliothèque numérique du CRBC.
This plugin uses the TOC generated by the PDF Toc plugin because the items of our digital library Bibliothèque numérique du CRBC were previously displayed with the BookReader plugin, which requires PDF Toc to display tables of content.
This plugin is published under the [CeCILL v2.1] licence, compatible with [GNU/GPL] and approved by [FSF] and [OSI].
In consideration of access to the source code and the rights to copy, modify and redistribute granted by the license, users are provided only with a limited warranty and the software's author, the holder of the economic rights, and the successive licensors only have limited liability.
In this respect, the risks associated with loading, using, modifying and/or developing or reproducing the software by the user are brought to the user's attention, given its Free Software status, which may make it complicated to use, with the result that its use is reserved for developers and experienced professionals having in-depth computer knowledge. Users are therefore encouraged to load and test the suitability of the software as regards their requirements in conditions enabling the security of their systems and/or data to be ensured and, more generally, to use and operate it in the same conditions of security. This Agreement may be freely reproduced and published, provided it is not altered, and that no provisions are either added or removed herefrom.