Markdown Writer FX
An open source Markdown editor written in JavaFX 8.
- Syntax highlighting in editor
- Keyboard shortcuts to insert Markdown (Bold, Italic, Code, Links, Images, Header, Lists, ...)
- Auto-indent lists
- Search and replace
- Project manager
- HTML preview
- HTML source preview
- Markdown AST view
- Multi-platform: Windows, Mac, Linux, ...
Java 8 is required to run current releases. Java 9, 10 and 11 currently only supported for building.
Download markdown-writer-fx-0.12.zip and extract it to any folder.
- for Windows,
bin/markdown-writer-fx.batto start Markdown Writer FX
- and for Unix systems
./bin/markdown-writer-fx.shto start Markdown Writer FX
from the project folder.
Prerequisites are git and Java 8 in order to build Markdown Writer FX form sources.
- get the source, e.g. by cloning the official repo with:
git clone https://github.com/JFormDesigner/markdown-writer-fx.git
./gradlew assembleDistto create the distribution in the
See Change Log
- Tomas Mikula for RichTextFX, ReactFX, WellBehavedFX, Flowless and UndoFX
- Mikael Grev for MigLayout and Tom Eugelink for MigPane
- Vladimir Schneider for flexmark-java Markdown parser
- Atlassian for commonmark-java Markdown parser
- Jens Deters for FontAwesomeFX
- The ControlsFX project
- Matthieu Brouillard for CSSFX
- Lea Verou, Golmote & more for Prism
Markdown Writer FX is open source licensed under the BSD 2-Clause License