A piece of Art as big as India
An augmented reality sculpture accessible via the WWW, SMS and Mobile Devices.
To install the project locally, type the following commands:
- git clone https://github.com/JGL/APieceOfArtAsBigAsIndia
- cd APieceOfArtAsBigAsIndia
- npm install
You'll need node.js installed, I prefer to do that via Homebrew on the Mac. Once you have Homebrew installed, you can run:
- brew install node
To install Node.js, as well as NPM (Node Package Manager).
Blog posts about the project.
My development environment as follows:
- Express – a web framework for node that enables you to write web applications – which is what I’ll need to enable users to load my sculpture and alter it themselves within a mobile webpage.
- nodemon – tool that reloads your node server automatically when it detects any changes in your code.
- Pug – a templating engine for node that enables you to write HTML in a simpler way, without having to worry about closing tags and other complications.
- Less – a pre-processor for CSS that makes it much easier to use.
- Gulp – a tool for automation that enables the automatic use of tools like Pug, Less and many others.
- Browsersync – a tool that automatically reloads your web browser when it detects changes in your source code.
You can find out more about how I set up the project in the following two blog posts: