Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
- Simplified Chinese localization (Thanks L1cardo!)
- macOS 10.10 is no longer supported. App now requires 10.11 to run
- Removed the Update Checker functionality, it didn't always work. May reimplement this in the future.
- UI tweaks in Preferences window
- NPS URLs have been hardcoded
- Fixed a random crash bug related to loading progress window.
- Fixed app crash if an external path used for storing the downloads is not available. Now defaults to Downloads folder.
- Menu option for showing and hiding the sidebar.
- DB migrations for future changes to the database
- Code refactoring and cleanup.
- "Show In Finder" button on completed downloads weren't using the correct path
- Bookmarks are now working properly. Bookmarks were being orphaned when the DB is refreshed. Now, bookmarks are given a UUID created from the region/fileType/titleId/contentId of the item.
- "Compat Patches" label in Preferences was slightly overlapped in OS X 10.10
- Download button was displayed over DL options on OS X 10.10
- Artwork images weren't displaying immediately upon startup on OS X 10.10
- Artwork would sometimes just stop appearing altogether on OS X 10.10
- Buttons to resume/stop/view downloaded items weren't showing on OS X 10.10
- Downloads button was enlarged on macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Application can now check for new application updates automatically and download them.
- URL validation on source URLs.
- Game artwork is now fetched directly from the Sony servers. This gives us way faster image loading and reduces resource usage.
- Reload button is no longer located in the toolbar. There is a menu titled "Database" that contains an option to reload. There is also a keyboard shortcut available - ⌘R
- Preferences window layout. Is now more legible and is broken up into different setting groups.
- Added a minimum window width to prevent toolbar items from collapsing into an unusable menu
- Changed how user preferences are stored. No more losing your saved configuration after upgrading to the latest version!
- Bug where users running on Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite would have the UI elements placed on top of each other, making the app almost impossible to use.
- Changed downloads icon to an image that's compatible with macOS 10.10
- Bug where if a game didn't have an update on PSN it would crash
- Changed placeholder image for game artwork
- Bug causing app to crash if no game artwork was found on Renascene.
- Some PSV titles that are cart-only with no zrif weren't being filtered out
Since this update is a massive overhaul of the app's core functionality, the uninstallation script must first be ran:
rm -r ~/Library/Application\ Support/JK3Y.NPS-Browser/ rm -r ~/Library/Caches/JK3Y.NPS-Browser defaults delete JK3Y.NPS-Browser
- NOW COMPATIBLE WITH OS 10.10+
- The side panel is now split horizontally, with the game artwork displayed on the bottom panel. Artwork is taken from Renascene
- Database has been changed over from Core Data to Realm. This allows for the database to be Apple-independant and code can be used in future Android and Linux ports.
- Massive code refactoring, cleanup, and optimization
- "Game" label for download checkbox now changes to fileType (DLC, Theme, etc)
- Required FW is now properly formatted to the thousandths place if the FW is missing the second decimal place. Eg. 3.2 -> 3.20
- Downloads/extractions are separated into folders based on console type
- Location label in the Preferences window has been changed to "Library Location"
- Removed Update Version column
- Bug where bookmarks weren't being updated properly causing the app to crash.
- Bug where app would crash if NPS library folder was deleted after app started up and before a file was being downloaded
- Bug that was displaying the library location in Preferences with "/NPS Downloads" attached instead of the path to the library's parent folder. This was causing the NPS Downloads folder to be created inside the previous NPS Downloads folder.
- Bug where compat patches weren't being downloaded
- On startup the app checks for the folder "NPS Downloads" at the given download location specified in Preferences. By default this folder is the Downloads folder. If "~/Downloads/NPS Downloads" does not exist it will be created.
- Better logging!
- Compat packs will be extracted in the proper order
- The button to download the .pkg files is now multi-purpose. Checkboxes will determine which files specific to that game will be downloaded (base game, updates, compat packs)
- PSV Updates will now no longer be using the NPS TSV file, instead it will be looking up the latest "hybrid package" from Sony's servers and downloading that. If a hybrid package is not available the latest cumulative package will be used. Incremental updates will be handled on the Vita itself.
IF YOU HAVE USED PREVIOUS VERSIONS, YOU HAVE TO DELETE THE APP'S DATABASE OTHERWISE IT WILL CRASH ON STARTUP.
rm -r ~/Library/Application\ Support/NPS\ Browser/
Then start the application.
- Column for PSV Updates that shows the app version number
- Local .TSV files can now be used instead of using a URL
- Compat packs for Vita Updates
- Local entries.txt and patch_entries.txt can be used for compat packs instead of URL
- Updated app icon (made by @Ann0ying)
- App now uses a custom .dmg file to give it a nice background and a convenient Applications folder to drop the application into.
- Compat Pack support!
- Fixed bug where downloads that have been resumed will fail
- Bookmarks and Downloads lists now become hightlighted when selected