A google appengine-based twitter bot to post from a reddit feed.
See it in action @YinzBot
@YinzBot is no longer tweeting using this codebase, appengine appears to no longer be posting content as of 14 Sep 2016 and I have no idea if any of this code works anymore, this project is no longer maintained and yinzbot's twitter contents are posted by a currently non-public codebase. Sorry for any consternation this may cause.
- Tweet reddit posts with a score of 5 or higher
- add #hashtag of the subreddit post is in
- Auto follow back
- post #FF message, selected from followers who mention or RT the bot
- find new friends via #FF's on your timeline
Configuration is easy, in the source folder you will find config-sample.yaml that contains:
consumer_key: "" consumer_secret: "" access_token: "" access_token_secret: "" user-agent: '@Yinzbot your friendly neighborhood reddit->twitter bot | maintained by /u/jkirchartz' subreddit: 'pittsburgh+penguins+buccos+steelers+pittsburghlocalmusic' username: 'yinzbot'
Note: Reddit prefers your username in the user-agent.
To set it up:
- set up an appengine
- set up a Twitter Account
- set up a New Twitter App
- rename config-sample.yaml to config.yaml
- Insert your consumer keys and access tokens for your twitter app
- multiple subreddits can be combined with
- change username to your Account's name
- change appname in app.yaml to the name of your app on appengine
Originally forked from chrishan's twitter-bot-gae