Karaoke with Web Audio API
Using the Web Audio API it is possible to reproduce the karaoke filter present in some desktop applications to remove the voice from a song. Who needs a program other than a browser?
- Drag and drop a music file (mp3, wav, ogg...)
- Sing it!
This karaoke uses a number of projects to work properly:
- Kevin Cennis' gist - that shows the way to remove central panned sound.
- Happy by MMO - it's a sample song I'm using for demo pourposes. It's free and legal for personal use.
Download it and open the
index.html file. In order to play the demo song you need to start the code from a server, due to browser limitiations.
- Chrome for Desktop
- Chrome Beta for Android. Open
chrome://flags/and enable "Enable WebAudio Android - Enabling this option allows web sites to access the WebAudio API."
- Improve karaoke filter
- Advanced options to tweak the filter
- Play / pause controls
- Research lyrics integration
- Spotify Web Player integration?