- 2.6 - 2.7 (Python 3 is not supported)
- PyCrypto 2.4+ (only if using bytecode encryption)
- Windows (32bit/64bit):
- Windows XP or newer.
- pywin32 when using Python 2.6+
- Linux (32bit/64bit)
- ldd: Console application to print the shared libraries required by each program or shared library. This typically can by found in the distribution-package glibc or libc-bin.
- objdump: Console application to display information from object files. This typically can by found in the distribution-package binutils.
- Mac OS X (32/64bit):
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Tiger) or newer.
PyInstaller is available on PyPI. You can install it through pip:
pip install pyinstaller
Basic usage is very simple, just run it against your main script:
For more details, see the manual.
- AIX 6.1 or newer. Python executables created using PyInstaller on AIX 6.1 should work on AIX 5.2/5.3. PyInstaller will not work with statically linked Python libraries which has been encountered in Python 2.2 installations on AIX 5.x.
Before using experimental ports, you need to build the PyInstaller bootloader, as we do not ship binary packages. Download PyInstaller sources, and build the bootloader:
cd bootloader python ./waf configure build install
then install PyInstaller:
python setup.py install
or simply use it direclty from the source (pyinstaller.py).