hubugs - Simple client for GitHub issues
hubugs is a very simple client for working with GitHub's issue tracker.
This package is in a rapid state of flux right now, as support for version 3 of the GitHub API is added. Be aware there may be some significant changes to the user interface coming soon!
hubugs can operate on issues you must generate an OAuth token.
hubugs provides functionality to do this:
$ hubugs setup GitHub user? [JNRowe] GitHub password? <password> Support private repositories? (Y/n) y Configuration complete!
You can revoke the generated token at any time from the GitHub settings page.
If you wish to set the authorisation token from the command line you can use the
HUBUGS_TOKEN environment variable. For example:
$ HUBUGS_TOKEN=xxx hubugs open
I'd like to thank the following people who have contributed to
- Ben Griffiths
- Matt Leighton
- Brandon Cady
- Sorin Ionescu
- James Gray
- Jules Marleau
If I've forgotten to include your name I wholeheartedly apologise. Just drop me a mail and I'll update the list!
Patches and pull requests are most welcome, but I'd appreciate it if you could follow the guidelines below to make it easier to integrate your changes. These are only guidelines however, and as such can be broken if the need arises or you just want to convince me that your style is better.
- PEP 8, the style guide, should be followed where possible.
- While support for Python versions prior to v2.6 if such a need were to arise, you are encouraged to use v2.6 features now
- All new classes, methods and functions should be accompanied by new reStructuredText formatted descriptions
- You should add tests for new functionality, and berate me for not writing enough tests at the outset
- Tests must not span network boundaries, use of a common mocking framework is encouraged
If you've found a problem please attempt to include a minimal testcase so I can reproduce the problem, or even better a patch!