In the general case tests can be run via
$ nose2 -vv tests
When preparing a release it is important to check that :mod:`pyisbn` works with all currently supported Python versions, and that the documentation is correct.
With the tests passing, perform the following steps
- Update the version data in :file:`pyisbn/_version.py`
- Update :file:`NEWS.rst`, if there are any user visible changes
- Commit the release notes and version changes
- Create a signed tag for the release
- Push the changes, including the new tag, to the GitHub repository
Create and upload the new release tarballs to PyPI:
$ ./setup.py sdist --formats=bztar,gztar bdist_wheel register upload --sign
Fetch the uploaded tarballs, and check for errors.
You should also perform test installations from PyPI, to check the experience :mod:`pyisbn` users will have.