VDO JSON Schema
VDO JSON Schema is an implementation of JSON Schema for Vulnerability Description Ontology (VDO).
Vulnerability Description Ontology (VDO) is a framework for describing vulnerabilities and is defined in NISTIR 8138 (Draft). VDO defines basic building blocks of vulnerability and a set of values they should take. So it will free you from using free format text description and assist in the automation of vulnerability management process.
VDO JSON Schema displays possible autocomplete suggestions and inserts a suggestion in an editor that can understand the structure of JSON Schema.
Currently we have schema for two major editors, Atom and Visual Studio Code.
- Install vdo-schema-provider and autocomplete-json packages
npm installin the vdo-schema-provider directory (vdo-schema-provider requires file-url)
- Copy vdo_schema.json to vdo-schema-provider directory
- By default settings, the autocompletion will be enabled if a file name matches
vdo-schema-provider is a custom schema provider for VDO JSON Schema. See SchemaProvider · bali182/autocomplete-json Wiki for additional information about custom schema provider.
Visual Studio Code
See JSON editing in Visual Studio Code for additional information.
If you with to have this in other editors, please inform us. We also appreciate if you make it by yourself and create a pull request.
- JSON Schema version: draft-07
- Our VDO representation does NOT completely compliant with NISTIR 8138.