Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
We are pleased to announce the release of JabRef version 4.0 beta!
It is a first step to an overhaul of our user interface. Read more at http://blog.jabref.org/2017/04/17/JabRef4-0-beta/.
- JabRef has a new logo! The logo was designed by "AikTheOne" - who was the winner of a design contest at 99designs.com
- Partly switched to a new UI technology ([JavaFX]).
- Redesigned group panel.
- Number of matched entries is always shown.
- The background color of the hit counter signals whether the group contains all/any of the entries selected in the main table.
- Added a possibility to filter the groups panel #1904
- Removed edit mode.
- Removed the following commands in the right-click menu:
- Expand/collapse subtree
- Move up/down/left/right
- Remove option to "highlight overlapping groups"
- Moved the option to "Gray out non-hits" / "Hide non-hits" to the preferences
- Removed the following options from the group preferences:
- Show icons (icons can now be customized)
- Show dynamic groups in italics (dynamic groups are not treated specially now)
- Initially show groups tree expanded (always true now)
- Expansion status of groups are saved across sessions. #1428
- Redesigned about dialog.
- Redesigned key bindings dialog.
- Redesigned journal abbreviations dialog.
- New error console.
- All file dialogs now use the native file selector of the OS. #1711
- Redesigned group panel.
- We added a few properties to a group:
- We introduced "automatic groups" that automatically create subgroups based on a certain criteria (e.g., a subgroup for every author or keyword) and supports hierarchies. Implements 91, 398, #1173 and #628.
- We added a document viewer which allows you to have a glance at your PDF documents directly from within JabRef.
- Using "Look up document identifier" in the quality menu, it is possible to look up DOIs, ArXiv ids and other identifiers for multiple entries.
- Comments in PDF files can now be displayed inside JabRef in a separate tab
- We separated the
Rename Pdfslogic and context menu entries in the
General-Tab for the Field
fileto improve the semantics
- We integrated support for the paper recommender system Mr.DLib in a new tab in the entry editor.
- We renamed "database" to "library" to have a real distinction to SQL databases ("shared database") and
bibfiles ("library"). #2095
- We improved the UI customization possibilities:
- It is now possible to customize the colors and the size of the icons (implements a feature request in the forum).
- Resizing the menu and label sizes has been improved.
- Font sizes can now be increased Ctrl + Plus, decreased Ctrl + Minus, and reset to default CTRL + 0.
- F4 opens selected file in current JTable context not just from selected entry inside the main table #2355
- We are happy to welcome CrossRef as a new member of our fetcher family. #2455
- We added MathSciNet as a ID-based fetcher in the
BibTeX -> New entrydialog (implements a feature request in the forum)
- Add tab which shows the MathSciNet review website if the
MRNumberfield is present.
- A scrollbar was added to the cleanup panel, as a result of issue #2501
- Several scrollbars were added to the preference dialog which show up when content is too large #2559
- We fixed and improved the auto detection of the OpenOffice and LibreOffice connection
- We added an option to copy the title of BibTeX entries to the clipboard through
Edit -> Copy title(implements #210)
Move linked files to default file directory-Cleanup operation respects the
File directory patternsetting
- We removed the ordinals-to-superscript formatter from the recommendations for biblatex save actions #2596
- Improved MS-Office Import/Export
- The integrity checker reports now if a journal is not found in the abbreviation list
- JabRef will now no longer delete meta data it does not know, but keeps such entries and tries to keep their formatting as far as possible.
- Switch to the latex2unicode library for converting LaTeX to unicode
- Single underscores are not converted during the LaTeX to unicode conversion, which does not follow the rules of LaTeX, but is what users require. #2664
- The bibtexkey field is not converted to unicode
- ArXiV fetcher now checks similarity of entry when using DOI retrieval to avoid false positives #2575
- We fixed an issue of duplicate keys after using a fetcher, e.g., DOI or ISBN #2867
- We fixed an issue that prevented multiple parallel JabRef instances from terminating gracefully. #2698
- We fixed an issue where authors with multiple surnames were not presented correctly in the main table. #2534
- Repairs the handling of apostrophes in the LaTeX to unicode conversion. #2500
- Fix import of journal title in RIS format. #2506
- We fixed the export of the
numberfield in MS-Office XML export. #2509
- The field
issueis now always exported to the corresponding
issuefield in MS-Office XML.
- We fixed the import of MS-Office XML files, when the
monthfield contained an invalid value.
- We fixed an issue with repeated escaping of the %-sign when running the LaTeXCleanup more than once. #2451
- Sciencedirect/Elsevier fetcher is now able to scrape new HTML structure #2576
- Fixed the synchronization logic of keywords and special fields and vice versa #2580
- We fixed an exception that prevented JabRef from starting in rare cases bug report in the forum.
- We fixed an unhandled exception when saving an entry containing unbalanced braces #2571
- Fixed a display issue when removing a group with a long name #1407
- We fixed an issue where the "find unlinked files" functionality threw an error when only one PDF was imported but not assigned to an entry #2577
- We fixed issue where escaped braces were incorrectly counted when calculating brace balance in a field #2561
- We fixed an issue introduced with Version 3.8.2 where executing the
Rename PDFs-cleanup operation moved the files to the file directory. #2526
- We improved the performance when opening a big library that still used the old groups format. Fixes an issue raised in the forum.
- We fixed an issue where the
Move linked files to default file directory- cleanup operation did not move the files to the location of the bib-file. #2454
- We fixed an issue where executing
Move fileon a selected file in the
general-tab could overwrite an existing file. #2385
- We fixed an issue with importing groups and subgroups #2600
- Fixed an issue where title-related key patterns did not correspond to the documentation. #2604 #2589
- We fixed an issue which prohibited the citation export to external programs on MacOS. #2613
- We fixed an issue where the file folder could not be changed when running
Get fulltextin the
- Newly created libraries no longer have the executable bit set under POSIX/Linux systems. The file permissions are now set to
664 (-rw-rw-r--). #2635
- Fixed an issue where names were split inconsistently with the BibTeX conventions #2652
- Ctrl + A now correctly selects all entries again. #2615
- We fixed an issue where the dialog for selecting the main file directory in the preferences opened the wrong folder
- OpenOffice text formatting now handles nested tags properly #2483
- The group selection is no longer lost when switching tabs #1104