After more than two months of hard work, we are proud to release JabRef 4.1!
Since then we primarily focused on performance and memory issues, but were also able to add new features.
Furthermore, the release also attracted some new contributors from the community and we are proud to see 12 new contributors since the last release.
We are thankful for that and enjoy seeing the JabRef community growing!
Unfortunately, JabRef binaries are not digitally signed any more.
We are working in a fix, but this will take some weeks to months.
Read our blog to know the reasons.
In the meantime, please check the installations instructions for your Operating System (especially MacOs), in case JabRef cannot be started.
We wish all JabRef users Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!
- We fixed various reasons why JabRef would freeze.
- We fixed an issue where dropping a pdf on the entry table and renaming it triggered an exception. #3490
- We fixed an issue where automatically found files where not added with a relative paths when the bib file is in the same directory as the files. #3476
- We no longer allow to add a field multiple times in customized entry types and thereby fix an issue in the entry editor that resulted from having a field multiple times. #3046
- We fixed an issue where editing in the source tab would override content of other entries. #3352
- We fixed an issue where timestamps were not updated for changed entries. #2810
An overview of all new features and fixes can be found as usual in the changelog at GitHub.