By Tom Preston-Werner, Nick Quaranto, and many awesome contributors!
Jekyll is a simple, blog aware, static site generator. It takes a template directory (representing the raw form of a website), runs it through Textile or Markdown and Liquid converters, and spits out a complete, static website suitable for serving with Apache or your favorite web server. This is also the engine behind GitHub Pages, which you can use to host your project’s page or blog right here from GitHub.
- Install the gem
- Read up about its Usage and Configuration
- Take a gander at some existing Sites
- Fork and Contribute your own modifications
- Migrate from your previous system
- Learn how the YAML Front Matter works
- Put information on your site with Template Data
- Customize the Permalinks your posts are generated with
- Use the built-in Liquid Extensions to make your life easier
- RedCloth 4.1.0: Textile support. This version obeys
<notextile>tags. The latest version will still work, but tests will fail.
- Liquid: Templating system
- Classifier: Generating related posts
- Maruku: Default markdown engine
- Directory Watcher: Auto-regeneration of sites
- Open4: Talking to pygments for syntax highlighting
(The MIT License)
Copyright © 2008 Tom Preston-Werner
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the ‘Software’), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.