Bootscout – WordPress theme for UK scout websites
Bootscout is a simple WordPress theme styled for scout websites in the UK using Bootstrap.
- On brand styling as detailed in the UK scouts brand guidelines including correct colours and fonts.
- Sidebar-widget-area and footer-widget-area. These areas will be present if widget are added to the areas. The sidebar can also be disabled in theme options.
- Banner images are present on all pages and added by selecting a featured image when editing a page or post.
- Contact page template can be used to link your contact page to the sites footer. Only one page should have this template at any one time to benefit from the contact page link.
- Site logo can be added and displayed in the navigation bar.
- Colour selection for navbar and footer.
The base theme can be found here: https://github.com/SimonPadbury/b4st. I used this as a starting point and build it up to the current state of the project.
You can view the theme in action at bootscout.org.uk.
Please see the Wiki accompanying this repository for guides on setting up and developing the theme. The Wiki is aimed at developers, for more information regarding using the theme please go to bootscout.org.uk.
Compile scss to css
From the root directory of the repository run
gulp css and
gulp editor-css. This will update editor.css, editor.css.map, b4st.css and b4st.css.map files.
Basic setup info for scss here (not my guide): https://github.com/SimonPadbury/b4st/wiki/Customizing-Bootstrap-4-(SCSS)-in-b4st