Do you even?
A bare bones SQL client. This was built for Jahnel Group’s 2017 War Week, to satisfy my own desire for an SQL client that would make those things I need to do frequently as a mid-tier developer easy - without preventing doing anything else - with a minimal interface. It was also built to learn more about the Electron platform, practice using Vue.js, and try out a new styling framework. Built on electron-boilerplate-vue.
- Sqlectron (https://github.com/sqlectron) - a similar project, better executed. ;-)
- Sequel Pro - much of the UI inspiration.
- MySql Workbench - "The Bench."
# install dependencies npm install # serve with hot reload at localhost:9080 npm run dev # build electron app for production npm run build # lint all JS/Vue component files in `app/src` npm run lint # run webpack in production npm run pack
More information can be found here.
- Flesh out grid component: (exports as right-click); inline editing issuing an "update")
- Make "multiple" response object into tabs.
- Show other "objects" under schemas: triggers, events? with good icons.
- Add Tests for days.
- Add flyway integration?! Show what migration you're on, and if there are others to do: clean/migrate (dev/testing only! No prod!)
- Move the passwords out of localstorage into
- Table Inspection: a way to see table's indexes, triggers, keys, columns, etc.
- Add tagged groups to tables (i.e., a way to put tables into folders)
- Adapt grid output (dates, bools, NULL (Add color!)) to better representation.
- lock header at top!
- Fix up QueryCompleter with a regex against prefix to add tables/columns. Maybe turn on auto?
- add VARIABLE support to query window? What what!
- Search option: find column (in all tables/procs)
- Work on ReadMe. Follow guide below; change what's needed.
- Sort on column header? (reissue with
SELECT * FROM (query) ORDER BY header)
- Find a way to report OS errors back to the UI, such as during the writes to logs
- add multiple DB types (sql server, at least. mongO?)
- Styling for days.
- Easter eggs?