MagicCap is a multiplatform image capture suite. You can get a precompiled copy from the releases page of this GitHub page. It has the following features:
- Very cross compatible. You should get the same experience on Mac and Linux.
- Very easy to add to. You don't need to faff around with modifying HTML; instead you write a small file that includes all of the config options and the upload script (most of this is handled by
- Very fast. Captures are optimised to be as fast as possible.
- Very flexible. You can choose to upload to whatever service you want to or just save the file.
gnome-screenshot for this to work. The application should not be ran as root.
MagicCap supports the following uploaders (this list will expand over time):
- Custom HTTP POST
- S3 (Amazon and other S3-compatible providers)
The following people have done a ton to help in the creation of MagicCap. If you have done something to help and want your name here, feel free to make a pull request. This is in alphabetical order, not the order of the work people have done:
- Devon (Da532) - Made all of the branding.
- Harrison (AO554) - Helped us test for Mac.
- Jake (JakeMakesStuff) - Made the majority of the GUI/capture code for MagicCap.
- Jake (techfan36) - Helped us test for Linux.
- Rhys (SunburntRock89) - Helped me with the structure and fixing bugs. Also fixed FTP.
- Sam (REC) - Made the FTP logo.
In order to download needed packages, run
npm i. This will get all of the needed packages. You can then run one of the following commands:
npm run maccompile- Compiles for Mac.
npm run linuxcompile- Compiles for Linux.
If you are on Mac, you'll need to download XCode.