Welcome to XtremeUpdater repo. This software's task is to improve mainly video games performance, but can be used for increasing performance of almost any app. XtremeUpdater also contains Game Collection for easy game management and
loads (not that much actually) of system tweaks to improve your overall system performance.
- Revamped tweaks. Jsons and python modules can be inserted into the
- Notifications can now stack.
- Updated RunAsAdmin button animation.
- Switches now do not graphically switch if the actual switch fails to apply.
- Introduced new updating mechanism.
- Alerts on buttons and switches
- Fixed the Play now button.
- Fixed scanning directories to be enormously slow in some cases.
- Fixed bug causing the GUI to stop rendering after a popup was displayed.
- Fixed bug causing the popup when showing the license from the settings to have grey background.
- A lasting notification will be shown when scanning dlls.
- Added an option to hide the Run as admin button.
- Fixed bug causing the Export logs button to try to export logs from a bad directory.
- Added Run as admin button.
- Added support for theming.
- Added Donate button to Settings.
- Fixed bug causing buttons to sometimes have unexpected colors.
- Fixed incorrect LabelIconButton background color.
- Fixed bug causing Navigation buttons to sometimes have incorrect text color.
- Fixed bug causing GameDVR tweak to crash the app on startup if the machine is running Windows Server 2016.
- App now does not close when UAC prompt is rejected.
- Sync popup now does not close itself when clicking outside of it.
- Fixed bug causing an app crash if a dll that was attempted to restore was not backed before.
- Everything now scrolls smoothly.
- Icon buttons in the Game Collection now have always a contrast color.
- Restored dlls are now deletd from the backup directory.
- Path input now changes text color depending on whether entered path exists or not.
- Added Night Roses theme.
- Changed logging directory.
- Logger now loggs System information.
We have changed the default way of updating dlls. Selective update is now secondary feature.
- Added a tweak to clear FTH.
- Added a tweak to disable FTH.
- XtremeUpdater now remembers which dlls you updated the last time.
- Added Export logs option to the options.
- Added Show license button to the options.
- Removed Quickupdate button from the Game Collection as it is now the default way of updating dlls.
- Removed Subdir view and features connected with it as XtremeUpdater now includes subdirs defaultly.
- System tab is now calld Tweaks.
- Tweaked progressbar.
- Added more description to error popups.
- Reworked popups.. again.
- Tweaked animations.
- Dll backing is now more reliable.
- You can now proceed custom game adding with the Enter key in the Game Collection.
- Added Is running as admin notification when entering the Tweaks tab.
- Fixed bug causing sometimes to display empty dll list instead of an error.
- Fixed bug causing flickering of background of some buttons.
- Fixed bug causing buttons to not have on-hovering colors after recovering from disabled state.
- Fixed potencial compatibility issues.
- Fixed bug causing Launchable file entry to be not functional.
- Added a disclaimer.
- Updated popups.
- Fixed bug causing Launch now button to stay when not pressed.
- Added Launch now button after updating dlls of a game. The game needs to be selected from the game collection.
- Added option to disable animations.
- Added progress bar.
- Added error popups.
- Removed info.
- More noise textures!
- New fancy animations for icon messages and navigation.
- The config file is now
Config.jsonas it is a YAML format.
- Fixed bug causing configured options to not be saved if app exited unexpectedly.
- Fixed bug causing mouse highlight to appear only after the mouse has moved after switching it's state to enabled.
- Added uninstall option.
- Readded noise textures.
- Fixed incorrect widget positioning in Settings.
- Fixed bug causing app to crash when adding a custom game.
- Unavailable dlls now do not display.
Fixed misstypings causing the app to not behave correctly.
Note: Temporarily removed noise textures.
- Optimized mouse highlight performance.
- Tweaked head appearance and performance.
- Tweaked navigation animations.
- Fixed taskbar icon.
- Cleaner Game Collection.
- Added version label.
- Updated animations for navigation buttons.
- Mipmapping switch and image mipmapping in the Game Collection. Images are now antialiased with cropping.
- Fixed bug causing customly added game to appear only after the next app startup.
- Option to turn off mouse highlight.
- Syncing screen upon app startup.
- All game thumbnails in the Game Collection now fit the button.
- Smaller spans between sections in Settings and Game add form.
- Header mini-labels now do not spin upon app startup.
- Game database is now loaded upon app startup.
- Reworked Game remove popup.
- Fixed bug buttons to sometimes behave unexpectedly.
- Fixed overlapping Game add form.
- No working directory will be longer loaded if you close the directory popup.
- Notification does not longer tell Subdirs loaded.. when none are found.
- Added Get a help button.
- Added Request a feature button.
- Added Report a bug button.
- Bigger spans between sections in Settings and Game add form.
- Made header alot nicer
- Added option to find sub-directories with available dlls.
- Available dlls are now loaded upon app startup. This leads to faster process of dll updating.
- Readded available dlls cache.
- All slashes in path input now face backwards.
- Tweaked disabled switches.
- Quick update button on every game tile in the Game Collection.
- Added tweak to disable / enable Xbox GameDVR. Manual elevation is required.
- When version number is not available for a dll N/A will be used instead of Unknown version.
- Fixed bug causing the app to cash after a while after adding a custom game to the Game Collection.
Moved all the source code into
You can now add any game to your Game Collection which we do not support yet. Adding includes:
- Game name
- Game patch
- Launch path / URL / command
Removing customly added games to the Game Collection.
Added option to mipmap textures in the Game Collection.
- Tweaked Content (
PageLayout) animation. It is now
- Disabled buttons are no longer invisible.
- Tweaked some colors.
- Improved performance of the Game Collection.
- Support for URLs in
- Support for multiple paths in
In order to add a game with multiple paths add it like multiple games
- Fixed bug causing images in the Game Collection to be sometimes orange tinted
CommonPaths.yaml syntax and support for user directories.
- You can now remove cached
- You can now remove all cache at once.
- All buttons with labels (Clear cache, Clear users temp folder) now have the same width, button located at the left side and text aligned to the left.
- Delete images cache button is now correctly in the up left corner.
- Fixed refresh button.
- Fixed WoT in
- Added option to remove cached images from the Game Collection.
- Images in the Game Collection now cache in
- Fixed bug which caused some images in the Game Collection to fail to load.
- Fixed bug causing games located on other that the system drive to not start up and load to Updater correctly.
- Added support for multiple drives.
- App now has an icon in the window manager (Python icon on the taskbar still remains, of course).
- Selecting and deselecting dlls now has a little animation.
- Fixed bug causing to allow unavailable dll selection.
- Fixed bug causing the app to crash upon selecting directory offline.
- Fixed bug causing freeze when selecting directory without any dlls.
- Fixed bug which caused refresh button to crash the app.
Note: Added support for kivy 1.10.1
- You can now start games from the Game Collection.
Note: Some Steam games may not start correctly due to missing initialization of the Steam Client.
Note: We are removing
source.py and all of it's deps in this update and everything is now ported to kivy gui.
- Mouse highlight.
- Game Collection.
- Available dlls cache.
- Made few tweaks to buttons.
- Added texture to the head.
- App title is now bold.
- Changed app title colors.
- Path input font is now bold.
- Fixed bug which caused dll list to not display during 2nd or more directory selection.
- Fixed bug which caused select all button to stay enabled after updating completion.
- Fixed bug which caused to load available dlls twice.
- Dlls now do not backup and overwrite when they are not of a newer version.
- Fixed error when updating dlls in some cases.
- Select all button to the dll view.
- Restore support.
- Refresh button in case sync fails.
- Tweaked Update and Restore buttons' behavior.
- Changed scrollbar color so it's now visible when scrolling over selected dlls.
- Moved info text a bit up.
- Redesigned texture for navigation buttons; depth.
- Increased window size from 800x450 to 1000x550.
New system tweaks
- Delete tempdir.
- Update and Restore buttons are no longer visible when updating dlls.
- Added dll updater.
- Fixed syncing error loop when syncing with GitHub.
- When sync error is raised, Updater tab will now reset to its default state after 2 seconds.