The implementation of stepper motor controller in FPGA.
The main development work is made in the branch "develop".
The structure of the repository:
|Name of folder||Content|
|source/||The source in VHDL|
|simulation/||".do" files for simulation in Modelsim|
|testbench/||".vhdl" testbench files for simulation|
|synth_c4/||synthesis in Altera Cyclone C4|
|synth_c5/||synthesis in Altera Cyclone C5|
The main component is 1 Axis controller.
- Input: Velocity 16 bit signed
- Output: 4 PWM outputs for driving 2 phases of stepper motor.
- Feedback: 32 register signed, position
The run time parameters:
- microsteps/step (from 1 to 16)
- Ramp (allowed changes of actual velocity pro one system tick)
The compile time parameters:
- System Tick (Freq when the new velocity will be calculated)
- PWM Output freq