This is a simple Laravel project that lists information on bands and their albums. Band and album data can be modified easily using the interface.
Laravel 5.6 is used, so you will need to have a version of PHP which supports that, as well as any other necessary dependencies.
git clone https://github.com/Jantho1990/BandTracker.git bandtracker cd bandtracker composer install npm install cp .env.example .env php artisan key:generate
If you have a global Homestead box:
cd /your/homestead/directory vagrant up vagrant ssh cd /to/code/directory php artisan migrate --seed
Don't forget to add a development url/IP address to your Homestead configuration and your hosts file!
If you want to set up a project-based Homestead box:
php vendor/bin/homestead make vagrant up vagrant ssh cd /to/code/directory php artisan migrate --seed
By default, this will create a Homestead.yaml file with the default Homestead settings. You should check the Homestead page in Laravel's docs to see how to customize it for your needs.
If you don't want to use Homestead, you can run it locally, but you will need to make sure you have any needed applications installed, such as MySQL.
php artisan migrate --seed php artisan serve
This will serve the website on localhost:8000 by default.
If you wish to run the unit tests:
There are no Dusk tests yet, but there are plans to rectify that.
- Can I use this for [whatever]?
- Sure. This is just a demo project that has no functional value, but if you get something out of it, cool!
- Do you plan on adding more features?
- Yes, but this is a demo project so it will be as I feel like it.
- I thought of a cool feature, can I suggest it to you?
- Feel free to open an issue, or better yet a pull request implementing said feature. Again, I'll deal with these as I feel like it.
- What, no tracks for albums?
- Future feature!
- What are all these seeded bands?
- They are Christian rock/metal bands that I happen to like. That being said, I do have plans to refactor this to use Faker-generated data.