Project for Professor Justin Solomon's MIT class, Shape Analysis (6.838).
Implementation of Chen, Weber, Keren, and Ben-Chen's paper, "Planar Shape Interpolation with Bounded Distortion" with some contributions.
In this project, I explore the possibilities of using typical interpolation and spline methods in the context of shape interpolation.
In the above screenshot, I show a comparison between Chen, et al's interpolation of a mesh (top) between three keyframes (red, green, and blue) and my natural cubic based interpolation (bottom).
Above we see a bezier interpolation between two meshes, and ways this interpolation may be changed using the bezier control points.
- Clean up CMake (what is the proper way to import libraries?)
- Wrap up shape morphing code into a library
- Add toggleable 2D mode to Camera
- Would be nice if we shared libraries with my other project (e.g., Camera, Mouseable, etc. were copy pasted from elsewhere)
- Separate window logic from loop logic
- Convert texture to mesh
- Separate topology representation from Mesh class
- Clean up Shape morph code
- For instance, all topological math can be done only once.
- Profiling (memory and time)
- Improve mesh posing
- Add handles for editing the Bezier motion