What is OpenRegistry?
OpenRegistry is an OpenSource Identity Management System (IDMS). It's a place for data about people affiliated with your organization.
- Interfaces for web, batch, and real-time data transfer
- Identity data store
- Identity reconciliation from multiple systems of record
- Identifier assignment for new, unique individuals
- "Off the shelf" solutions usually end up requiring significant customizations and integration work and/or solve only a portion of an institution's needs
- Lots of institutions still rolling their own
- Combined institutional efforts better leverage scant resources and allow for learning from others' experience (eg: Sakai, uPortal, CAS, Shibboleth, Kuali)
- OpenRegistry is tailored to the needs of higher education
Building OpenRegistry using Maven2
Building OpenRegistry via the Maven2 system is simple. From within the PROJECT_HOME directory, execute the following command:
mvn clean package install
Generating the DDL for YOUR database