gnome-shell-extensions-mediaplayer is a gnome-shell extension for controlling any MPRIS v2.1 capable media player.
Please see the Wiki for:
- Bug Reports and Feature Requests
- Compatible Players
- Ratings Support
- Known Player Bugs
- 4 positions: left, center or right in its own menu, or in the system menu
- interactive indicator icon: scroll (next/previous), middle click (play/pause)
- playlist support (org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Playlists interface)
- tracklist support (org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.TrackList interface)
- Shuffle and Repeat support(not well supported by players. Lollypop has full support)
- rating support (Not a part of the MPRIS spec, limited support with player specifc code, see Ratings Support. Currently you can set ratings in Rhythmbox, Lollypop, Nuvola Player, Quod Libet and Pithos.)
- and more...
Don't care for all the bells and whistles?
If you don't care for all the features and complexity of this extension but still dislike the media controls being in the notification area, you may like this extension's sister extension, gnome-shell-extensions-mpris-indicator-button
- eonpatapon (Jean-Philippe Braun)
- grawity (Mantas Mikulėnas)
- JasonLG1979 (Jason Gray)
Based on the work of horazont (Jonas Wielicki).
Like this Extension?
Then maybe consider donating to help continue it's development, otherwise known as buying me a RedBull.
You don't have to, but it would be cool if you did.
And/or consider donating to one of these other projects I believe in.