Quarter Tiling Script for KWin
- Tiles windows
- Maintains the tiled layout when windows are interacted with
- Automatically creates and moves between virtual desktops
- Supports mouse and keyboard
Arch Linux: AUR
Other: KDE Store
git clone https://github.com/Jazqa/kwin-quarter-tiling.git plasmapkg2 --type kwinscript -i kwin-quarter-tiling mkdir -p ~/.local/share/kservices5 ln -sf ~/.local/share/kwin/scripts/quarter-tiling/metadata.desktop ~/.local/share/kservices5/kwin-script-quarter-tiling.desktop
Configuration: Script is configured through the configuration interface.
Keybindings: Go to Settings » Shortcuts » Global Shortcuts » KWin and search for "Quarter" to find all the script specific shortcuts. Bind the ones you wish to use. "Float On/Off" is recommended for an easy way to tile and untile the active window.
git clone https://github.com/Jazqa/kwin-quarter-tiling.git && plasmapkg2 --type kwinscript -u kwin-quarter-tiling
Alternatively, set this repository as the git origin of
~/.local/share/kwin/scripts/quarter-tiling. If you don't know how to do this, move the hidden .git folder inside the cloned folder to the location above. After this, the script can be updated by using
git fetch origin && git pull.
AUR: Arch users can keep the script updated through AUR.
plasmapkg2 --type kwinscript -r .local/share/kwin/scripts/quarter-tiling
- If you remove a virtual desktop, all of the tiled clients on the desktop will be closed.
- Some programs don't play nice with tiling. If you encounter one, add it to
Ignored Captionsto avoid issues.