Installation and environment settings of the following libraries:
Both installation and system environment are independent of the location and OS of the software, provided it is recent enough.
To release a JLAB_VERSION:
- change release date in ce/jlab.csh script
- change default JLAB_VERSION in jlab.csh and jlab.sh (usually from devel to tag).
- change default JLAB_VERSION in go_reload
- make sure versions.env is updated
- if necessary add the QT_VERSION tag in softenv.csh and jlab.sh for JLAB.
- add the tag in sbsinstall/template alternative installation lines. Notice you need to add that line in devel_install as that one is not overwritten.
- Use go_tar ceInstall tag local.
- test installation, copy log in sbsInstall/template_install.html
- test installation on docker
- after test add github tag. Notice: deleting a github release is not enough: need to delete the tag also.
- tag the libraries below. To tag, use v1.4 and 1.4 as release name. Add notes.
Remember that go_tar supports the "local" third option to create a "debug" tar file instead of using the github tag feature.
- go_tar ceInstall will generate the _install.html based on the release number
- for JLAB interactive farm. Usually it cannot access the outside web, but setting these bypass this:
For ROOT in particular one can also download these "src" and put them in the "dst".
a. src1='http://lcgpackages.web.cern.ch/lcgpackages/tarFiles/sources/lz4-v1.7.5.tar.gz' to: dst1='/group/halla/analysis/rootbuild/ifarm1402/root-6.12.06/build/LZ4-prefix/src/lz4-v1.7.5.tar.gz' b. src2='http://lcgpackages.web.cern.ch/lcgpackages/tarFiles/sources/tbb2017_U5.tar.gz' to: dst2='/group/halla/analysis/rootbuild/ifarm1402/root-6.12.06/build/TBB-prefix/src/tbb2017_U5.tar.gz'
- add CERN LIBS if user so requests