MyBlog is an accessible blog engine. It was created to have a real solution for developers that are looking for a inclusive Blog. This project start in january 2017. An exemple of Blog who is using this code is BugsHunter
It could be used to teach accessibility ;).
This blog engine include many features :
- Open Live Writer (it is the only way to manage blog's content). No security issues due to admin apges or something else.
- Azure (with PAAS).
- Accessible design.
- Accessible theme.
- Accessible Forms (Contact, Comments...).
- Greate respect of HTML standrads.
- Many SOE improvements (SiteMap, Pages...).
- Ability to posts comment.
- Authentification prior to comment.
- Authentication via social media accounts (Microsoft, Google, Twitter, FaceBook)
- Separation of blogger credentials from regular users informations.
- GDPR complient.
- HTTP to HTTPS redirection.
- Default domaine name to WWW domaine version redirection.
- Warmup with Azure web apps slot swipe.
- en-US and fr-FR localisation.
- ... and so many more to document ...
Tech skills and libraries used
- .net 4.7
- ASP .net MVC 5.
- Azure SQL.
- Azure Blob.
- Entity Framework 6.
- XML RPC .net.
- Bootstrap 4 (SASS version).
- Font Awesome (for icons).
- Highlight.js (to render code in blog posts).
1. Software requierments.
To edit and build this code, you need the .net Framework 4.7 and Visual Studio 2017 (Community, Pro, or Enterprise).
Some extension are used, but not requested :
- Web Essentials 2017 to include image in CSS.
- Multilingual App Toolkit v4.0 to include translations.
- Azure Storage Emulator (for development)
Deploiment requirements :
- An Azure subscription
- Azure SQL Database.
- Azure Storage Account (for blob).
2. Installation process
To use this code follow this steps :
- Clone this reposotory.
- Customize the configuration file (many settings are available in this
- Customize the layout file (many settings are available in this
- Customize the CSS (
bundle-layout.scssfile contain colors used by bootstrap 4 theme)
- Run and enjoy ;)
3. User creation and credentials
The user/credentials (login and password) is created when you configure your blog in Open Live Writer. The login and password passed will set the first user.
If you want to change or delete those credentials. Juste remote it from the
Publisher table of your database. Edit your Open Live Writer account and it will create a new credential.
4. Blog post edition tips
If you are writing a long post, it can be split in two parts (with a link at the end of the first part "read more"). The choice to split this post isn't made by the blog engine. it is your choice.
To split a post in two part, you have to edit the HTML of the post. First part should be inside
<summary></summary>. The second part should be behind the
Contributions are open. Juste send your ideas or Pull Request ;)