JevaEngine - Java Isometric Game Engine
Project Page: http://jevaengine.com
Source Code Repository for JevaEngine - An Isoemtric Java Game Engine
JevaEngine is currently under very early development, and the source code is still being conditioned for user contribution.
JevaEngine is open-sourced under the LGPLv2.1 License: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html
- Pure Java Implementation. No native dependencies, maximizing cross-platform ability.
- UI Is entirely skinnable and customizable - Jeva Core provides a solid infastructure for most general UI components.
- Basic particle engine (implemented primary for attack\heal\projectile effects so nothing too fancy)
- Fully capable quest system & dialogue system (dialogue can be complex with various pathways which effect any internal variables of the character (i.e. moral))
- Most of the engine is entirely extensible - with logical partitions in implementation logic between Java and external scripts.
- Map Editor, Dialogues can be contructed via freemind
You can take a look at some of the demonstration videos for jevaengine here.
How to Contribute
- You can contact the project administrator (Jeremy. Allen. Wildsmith) at JeremyWildsmith@yahoo.ca
- You must sign and agree to the CLA (Contributor License Agreement) here. the contributor license agreement allows JevaEngine developers (and the user-base of JevaEngine) to use your contributions to the project under the project's license.
How to Compile\Use
JevaEngine is fairly straight-forward to compile. As JevaEngine uses Maven as its build platform, the project is very portable accross various IDEs and dependency resolution is very easy.