This Repository is Deprecated. The engine has been refactored & reorganized. Below is the following repositories now containing JevaEngine.
- https://github.com/JeremyWildsmith/singleplayer A single player game/demo based off of the engine.
- https://github.com/JeremyWildsmith/jevaengine JevaEngine core engine implementation.
- https://github.com/JeremyWildsmith/rpg Rpg game framework that is build over JevaEngine.
- https://github.com/JeremyWildsmith/usr USR Game System that integrates into the RPG Game Framework.
- https://github.com/JeremyWildsmith/worldbuilder World builder, for designing game worlds for JevaEngine
The project is being actively developed. Please be patient with bugs. This is a new way of organizing the engine, and it will hopefully allow it to be more easily worked with.
Thanks. Jeremy Wildsmith.
JevaEngine - Java Isometric Game Engine
Project Page: http://jevaengine.com
Source Code Repository for JevaEngine - An Isoemtric Java Game Engine
JevaEngine is currently under very early development, and the source code is still being conditioned for user contribution.
JevaEngine is open-sourced under the GPLv3 License: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
- Pure Java Implementation. No native dependencies, maximizing cross-platform ability.
- Centralized Server Networking Implementation for Online RPG Games. Entity scripts, world triggers etc work seamlessly off and on server.
- Networking is cleanly isolated from the engine, allowing for varios networking models to be implemented seamlessly.
- UI Is entirely skinnable and customizable - Jeva Core provides a solid infastructure for most general UI components.
- Basic particle engine (implemented primary for attack\heal\projectile effects so nothing too fancy)
- Entities can save states and reload states (essential for game saves). States are can be saved on an integrated back-end that works over GameJolt API for Achievements, Scoring and Cloud Saving
- Fully capable quest system & dialogue system (dialogue can be complex with various pathways which effect any internal variables of the character (i.e. moral))
- Most of the engine is entirely extensible - with logical partitions in implementation logic between Java and external scripts.
- Map Editor & Dialogue editor
- Dynamic lighting and scriptable weather subsystem
- Powerful debugging console - very powerful user interface via scripts to engine. Both through the console and entity configuration files.
You can take a look at some of the demonstration videos for jevaengine here.
Due to some code refactoring, some of those videos will differ from the current version in the repository.
How to Contribute
- You can contact the project administrator (Jeremy. Allen. Wildsmith) at JeremyWildsmith@yahoo.ca
- You must sign and agree to the CLA (Contributor License Agreement) here. the contributor license agreement allows JevaEngine developers (and the user-base of JevaEngine) to use your contributions to the project under the GPLV3 license.
How to Compile\Use
JevaEngine is fairly straight-forward to compile. As JevaEngine uses Maven as its build platform, the project is very portable accross various IDEs and dependency resolution is very easy. You can read a short guide on how to setup JevaEngine here.
You can find some decent quick-start guides on the project's wiki page.