Quick Start JS
This is an ArcGIS Javscript library and a set of samples to help you start building web mapping applications quickly. The library simplifies a number of basic tasks such as loading and centering basemaps, and provides higher-level calls to a number of ArcGIS Online services such as geocoding and routing. No dojo or GIS knowledge required. Bootstrap is used to layout and style the applications.
- Source: https://github.com/Esri/quickstart-js
- Homepage: http://esri.github.com/
- Esri: @esri
- Blog: ArcGIS
- No dojo programming skills required
- Auto-wires callbacks for all graphics and zoom functions
- New options in contructor to center, zoom and set basemap
- Easily access gallery of ArcGIS Online basemap layers (without REST endpoints)
- Use lat/lon coordinates instead of extents
- No spatial references required, auto-projects geometries
- Easily add point, line and polygon graphics and add custom popups
Easily access and call ArcGIS Online geoservices
Current samples: Basemaps, Geolocation, Graphics, Places, Directions, Cloud, [yours!]...
- Download and unzip the .zip file.
Add the js library in your .html file after the ArcGIS reference.
- Notepad or HTML editor
- If you want to get fancy, check out Bootstrap to make your app look pretty and be responsive.
Find a bug or want to request a new feature? Please let us know by submitting an issue.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute.
Copyright (c) 2012 Esri. All Rights Reserved. Released under Apache License Version 2.0, January 2004